Comfort Control Module, ABS Module, Starter, Alternator, Battery Hooked in Backwards

TDI
2004 Jetta
Hey Everyone.
I bought a 2004 Jetta TDI from a lady who managed to hook up a battery backwards and then try to start it. So if you've ever wondered what that messes up read the following. I'm also looking for an abs and comfort control module.

The Aftermath:
  • The wires to the starter were melted; the starter was pooched.
  • The wires to the alternator were slightly melted and the alternator now drained the system.
  • The abs control module is shot. The break light and abs light remain lit when you start the car.
  • The comfort control module is shot. Fuse #14 instantly burns out when you try to put a new one in. However if you remove the comfort control module it no longer burns out.

I'm somewhat surprised that it didn't hurt the ECU. It seems to be totally fine. So far I've replaced the starter and alternator, Now I am looking for a comfort control module and a abs control module. The comfort control module number is 1CO 959 799. I THINK that the abs control module number is 1C0 907 379L. Does anyone have either of those for sale?

Thanks a bunch!

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Well, guess we've all hooked up jump cables wrong at least one time! But, gees, install a battery the wrong way! It must not have been a VW style battery. The Cables would be very difficult to attach!

Good luck working out all those problems!

TDI
2004 Jetta
Just an update and additional question for anyone that might know.
I managed to get my hands on a new-to-me Comfort Control Module. This one does not instantly burn out the fuse when I plug it in, but it also does not make any of the equipment work. Is there some sort of recoding that needs to be done to the module? Is it something that only the dealer can do? Or if I manage to get my hands on a VAG COM cable can I do it myself?