Vendor Accountability Thread

N_D_v_22101

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MK4 2001 -REFLEX SILVER and now a MK5 JETTA Platinum Grey NON-TDI Tho.
here is the cliffnotes of my complaint/rant:

-2009 VW Jetta, 17-inch rims
-needed rotors (cross drilled and slotted) and pads to pass state inspection
-ordered parts from ecs tuning & received them as ordered
-installed parts on all 4 corners
-on test drive, after instaling parts, loud thumping came from front of car. louder when hard stops were initiated.
-was told by dealer aftermarket parts are the cause of the thumping. had corners replaced w/oem parts
-thumping is gone.

-ecs tuning suggested i ask around if the rotors can be turned/milled.
-asked if they would do a swap - 1:1 for all parts, and was told no can't do
-ecs tuning suggested i get the rotors milled/turned at a local shop
-asked 4 separate shops (2 major chain and 2 local repair shops) if they do such work and was told no.

-still to date, after spending (out of pocket at the dealership and got even superior service) more money to get the repair done at the dealership, ECS tuning still refuses to either give me replacement parts or even a partial refund.

NOT good. I'll never order from ECS again.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
you *did* buy slotted rotors...
Yep... slotted rotors make a distinct noise on hard braking especially when they are new and not seated in... The noise/thumping with mine went away after a good romp down some twisty/hilly roads at high speeds..

I've had mixed dealings with ECS, mostly good, and they made good on any of the issues I've had in a reasonable timeframe..

ECS Tuning

Vendor
TDI
Volkswagen
here is the cliffnotes of my complaint/rant:

-2009 VW Jetta, 17-inch rims
-needed rotors (cross drilled and slotted) and pads to pass state inspection
-ordered parts from ecs tuning & received them as ordered
-installed parts on all 4 corners
-on test drive, after instaling parts, loud thumping came from front of car. louder when hard stops were initiated.
-was told by dealer aftermarket parts are the cause of the thumping. had corners replaced w/oem parts
-thumping is gone.

-ecs tuning suggested i ask around if the rotors can be turned/milled.
-asked if they would do a swap - 1:1 for all parts, and was told no can't do
-ecs tuning suggested i get the rotors milled/turned at a local shop
-asked 4 separate shops (2 major chain and 2 local repair shops) if they do such work and was told no.

-still to date, after spending (out of pocket at the dealership and got even superior service) more money to get the repair done at the dealership, ECS tuning still refuses to either give me replacement parts or even a partial refund.

NOT good. I'll never order from ECS again.

PM sent.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Only my .02 here. As an installed I agree with the other two about the noise. They need to break in. They all do that. It you had vibration I'd say misinstallation. Seen that a lot. Only takes one tiny bit behind a rotor to make it out of round.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Call me crazy, but I thought vendors were supposed to consolidate their threads. Is this no longer the case? Are we now supposed to start a thread for each variation of our products?:confused:

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Call me crazy, but I thought vendors were supposed to consolidate their threads. Is this no longer the case? Are we now supposed to start a thread for each variation of our products?:confused:
I agree, ECS is getting out if hand again. If you are selling a product that can be applied to three different models you don't need three different threads. Consolidate them to one and state in the title what model and year. Pretty simple I think.

ECS Tuning

Vendor
TDI
Volkswagen
For the Lamin-X threads - some sizing, color, and pricing will vary for each model.

Please PM me with any questions or concerns.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Really? Wow. I never would have thought that. If your customers are anything like me, I bet they wouldn't have figured that out without you being so specific either.:rolleyes:

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
For the Lamin-X threads - some sizing, color, and pricing will vary for each model.
You don't need three threads to express this one statement.
Please PM a moderator requesting that they remove your three-peat threads.

All of our vendors deserve a fair chance to publish their products. If I came out with a new product tomorrow and listed 15 threads because I could build it in different colors or shapes, how would you like being pushed off the first page because of my repeat threads?

The fact that this is the second time this has come up specifically because of your company's advertising leads me to believe that your indifference to this matter is in fact disrespectful.

Last edited:

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Apparently so. Part of the reason why I am no longer a vendor. Either you follow the rules and get lost in the dust by the ones who are aggressive, or break the rules and compete with others.

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
Also,

The ECS e-mail opt out is rather annoying:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=338309

For the record, it appears that ECS has created 134 threads in the vendor section since they joined in 2008. When is enough, enough?

http://forums.tdiclub.com/search.php?searchid=9063529&pp=70

Another approach, (inconvenient to tdiclub management), would be to break down the vendor section into separate vendor forums. I've seen it work on other forums. That way, if a vendor wants to copy and paste every one of the hundreds of products they sell it doesn't squeeze the other vendors out of the picture. I believe it would also be helpful for us "veteran members" when we want to search through the vendor stuffs to see what is available.

Last edited:

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Out of those 137 threads, only 2 were outside the vendor section and they were help wanted adds in the regional forums.

At what point does one consider it being abusive to the forums?

ECS apparently has no interest in actually helping TDIclub at all and is only using it as free method of advertising.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So? There's absolutely zero need for three separate threads for the same product.... have one single thread for the Lamin-x product, and list the different applications and prices in the first post...

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
i need a couple of my older threads closing as they always seem to be at the top together!!

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
bug dash blokey is guilty too.
Ya know, I never noticed that until just now.. Possibly because the thread titles are almost always the exact same thing, so I assume it's the same thread that just got bumped up every few days or so.. Now I see three on the same page, one of them is a year and a half old..

Looking at his profile, there's not one single post of his since the username was created that is outside any of his own threads...

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
On the one hand, sometimes vendors know nothing about the TDI, so they don't have the knowledge to help others the way some people do, so I understand them not posting in other threads.

On the other hand having multiple, repeat threads is pushing others to the bottom of the list and we don't want a war going on to keep threads on the top.

On one foot though I can understand a salesman trying whatever they can to sell their product.

On the other foot, this is free posting here and it's best to be respectful of that fact.

I'm going to stop there since I have run out of appendages to count on.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Ya know, I never noticed that until just now.. Possibly because the thread titles are almost always the exact same thing, so I assume it's the same thread that just got bumped up every few days or so.. Now I see three on the same page, one of them is a year and a half old..
Looking at his profile, there's not one single post of his since the username was created that is outside any of his own threads...
He's always done that, the guy is persistant though, I don't think I've ever seen anyone genuinely post a question or review to/for him. I did see that he was banned from newbeetle.org for posting fake reviews under aliases.

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
If 95% of the words are the same in your title. It can be consolidated. Especially if the body text is spot on Identical.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
If 95% of the words are the same in your title. It can be consolidated. Especially if the body text is spot on Identical.
Agreed. So lets get the opinion of a moderator and get this in place. Everyone is in favor, but it doesn't get changed.