CCV oil separator

jaca

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDi 2013, 6speed Highline. 2003 Jetta TDi station wagon, 5speed
Looking for advise from somebody having installed ccv oil separator .
Some opinion about product installed and working good for miles.
Thanks for all feedback
Jack

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Take a look at the following thread:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=90355&page=4

Many of us are now using the one posted by Kayakkermit (who seems to have disappeared from here lately...) The picture links aren't working anymore, but the parts list is still there:

>>Bought it all at the local TSC store (Tractor Supply Company). TSC's are fairly prevalent in Ontario. Here is the breakdown:
1m Braided PVC Tubing 1"od x 3/4" id @ $5.19/m
2 EL3434 3/4x3/4 barbed elbows @ $2.69 ea
1 3350-0034A Strainer Line Poly @ $12.59 - by the way, mine came with a filter strainer inside, will try that before going to the SS scrubber and see how it works.
Total with all taxes, $26.63
Had to heat the tubing in hot water to get it to fit over the existing CCV<<

I get several tablespoonfulls of oil (and whatever) each oil change (16,000 km)

Yuri.

PS: WingNut and Jetta-Pilot are also using this one currently... try to catch a Get-Together sometime... you'll see how it looks...

ScorpionBoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
I took the high dollar route and installed a Provent. I mounted it to my air filter box at a slight angle. Looks stock and the tubing is super short and fits real nice like. I soak about 2 teaspoons out every weekend. having it mounted at an angle was fortuitous because the oil collects on top of the filter and is easy to clean out.

jaca

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDi 2013, 6speed Highline. 2003 Jetta TDi station wagon, 5speed
Thanks

Thank You Yuri.

Got the same suggestion from RichCa .Just getting opinions now ,but since most of You use it this is way to go for me too.Tried and tested....

tnx again
Jacek

tobydog

TDI
Jetta 03
I install the Provent about 15,000 miles ago on a Jetta 03. Noticed oil on my garage floor today and found that the drain line cap had fallen off. The oil was from the Provent drain line. Should this be cleaned or just drained? The return line is still clear, so I know the filter is working (I think).

Gothmolly

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
My provent has been in for about 1000 miles total. Check for a thread from 'frugality' about an easy way to mount it. I love it, hard to measure any gains or losses from it, but the return line to the motor is squeaky clean, as in, stick a white rag in it and it comes out white, kind of clean. So all the oil NOT going into the IC and intake has to be an improvement. Peace of mind, really.