• Poll closed .

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have many. Now a Golf TSI.
Rineer's in Strasburg, PA as of 7/9/2010:

B5 - 2.969
B100 - 3.399

As of 7/1/2010 you must pay inside before pumping unless you have their own card.

abakos

Veteran Member
TDI
-----
$3.599 for B99 in Maryville, TN, which is just outside Knoxville.

I just add enough to have B2 when I fill up-

forester_vw

TDI
2006 Jetta sedan--SOLD 4-1-2011
$2.999/gal B99 from Shell on Hwy 30 just outside of Portland in Linnton. They finally dropped from $3.65/gal two weeks ago. Biodiesel comes grom Sequential Biofuels.

Surferchick2

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2013 Golf
Propel Mount Vernon, WA 3.19/b20, 3.49/b99
Rexville Grocery Mount Vernon, WA 3.53/b20
Chevron Anacortes, WA 3.39/b20 (not sure what the b5 was)

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan, '96 TDI Passat Wagon, & Jetta Sedan, '83 Turbodiesel (IDI)
For ASTM certified B99 in the Los Angeles and the suoth bay area: http://biodiesel-coop.org/
Note: You must become a member of the co-op to purchase fuel. FYI: Most all of the other stations listed on the first page in the greater Los Angeles area have stopped seling B99 because of new ruleings concerning storage tanks. Some of them still sell B5 only.

Thorne

Veteran Member
What new rules? My source near work for B20 just moved to B5 due to "city regulations". Will we see more of this?

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
What new rules? My source near work for B20 just moved to B5 due to "city regulations". Will we see more of this?
"Recently, the California State Water Board submitted new regulations in regards to the storing of biodiesel in underground storage tanks. These new regulations states that due to the lack of third party certification, biodiesel at any blend higher than B5 is strictly prohibited. After over two years of faithfully serving as the only B99 pump in the Southern California market, in June of 2009 Conserv Fuel was forced to switch its biodiesel (B99) pumps back to diesel #2.

Although the state has stopped Dansk from selling biodiesel at Conserv Fuel stations, I would like to state that Conserv Fuel is not giving up. Please support us in our fight for renewables by clicking on the Member tab and becoming a member." Kristopher Moller (not me) see this link:

http://www.conservfuel.com/ourstory

The bottom line is that the "California State Water Board" believes that biodiesel is more toxic then petrol diesel, and therefore must be stored in above ground storage tanks. As ridiculous as this is/sounds this is their current stand on the issue, which has forced a number of stations to stop selling B99 or any other blend(s) above B5. Join the fight! Others are fighting too, but no one can do it alone!

Its also worth checking out: http://www.biodiesel.org/

Sorry I can't do anymore for you then this; I'm at work so maybe you can do some research on this topic too...

Last edited:

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
The bottom line is that the "California State Water Board" believes that biodiesel is more toxic then petrol diesel, and therefore must be stored in above ground storage tanks. As ridiculous as this is/sounds this is their current stand on the issue, which has forced a number of stations to stop selling B99 or any other blend(s) above B5. Join the fight! Others are fighting too, but no one can do it alone!
I should correct myself a little bit here: The California State Water Board believes that the underground storage tanks might leek into the underground water supply. The third party(s) mentioned above, IIRC, are the underground storage tank manufactures that have not tested their tanks for the containment of Biodiesel. It is only my assumption that the CSWB considers Biodiesel more toxic then Petrol Diesel. Which is, if true, total BS as far as I'm concerned; my understanding is that Biodiesel is Biodegradable. I think someone has his/her hands in someone's pockets, playing pocket pool, with our Biodiesel as their lubrication :rolleyes:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Extreme Biodiesel in Corona, Ca. (Been mentioned a couple of times already)

I called them yesterday to check on their price. "$3.09 per gallon" I was told.

Went down there today. He filled my 5 gallon can for $14.77 out the door. That's only $2.954 per gallon. I have never paid so low for B100.

Plus I directed the guy here because he was looking for a TDI (Vw or MB) that he could run on B100 and wrap to advertise his company.

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
I was attempting to purchase B99 at Finksburg Shell at $3.999/gallon, but the pump was out of order with no certain repair time.

I had to purchase B20 at the Quarters K Citgo near the Pentagon instead at $3.669/gallon. This is a HORRIBLE PRICE, as given I can get diesel fuel for $2.769 this prices the B99 at $7.269/gallon in that B20 mix! Absolutely abysmal price!

Dave

Sappington

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Chevy Volt now -- sold '03 Jetta Wagon :-(
I was attempting to purchase B99 at Finksburg Shell at $3.999/gallon, but the pump was out of order with no certain repair time.

I had to purchase B20 at the Quarters K Citgo near the Pentagon instead at $3.669/gallon. This is a HORRIBLE PRICE, as given I can get diesel fuel for $2.769 this prices the B99 at $7.269/gallon in that B20 mix! Absolutely abysmal price!

Dave
Yeah, that is a bad price. The $1/gallon tax credit on biodiesel expired last year, so the price has spiked, but that's a little crazy. My B99 in Manassas is $4.30, which is painful enough.

sudseh

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 4door
I was there this past weekend, and the pump was still down with no schedule for repairs.

Baltimore BioDiesel Co-op has B99 for $3.60/gal (members), plus $.75 (non-members). They are located and the end of the 28th street I-83 ramp (28th & Sisson St.)

torqueit

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
$2.99 for B5 at Rochester Hills, MI Meijer. Pump has a sticker that says B5 and then above it another one saying 5-20% bio.

I didn't want to exceed what my car allows so I pumped under 4 gallons and then filled the remainder with DD.

I figure at the most I ended up with 4.8% bio (assuming B20). Anyone have any information on the Meijers bio fuels and what they really are?

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
B100 is $3.50 @ George's Coop just south & west of I-77 & I-485 in the North Charlotte area , 704 - 491 - 6278 . B20 was $2.889 a gal @ the BP station on Old Mountain Rd off of I-40 , just west of Statesville on the north west of the exit area .

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Baum Boulevard Automotive, Pittsburgh PA: $4.25 B99
Feece Oil, Batavia (Chicago) IL: $4.272 B99.9
Capitol City, Topeka KS: $4.003 B100
Shoco, Commerce City (Denver) CO: $5.10 B100
DalSoglio, Midvale (SLC) UT: $3.039 B100
Bently Biofuels, Minden (Carson City) NV: $3.450 B99.9
Rising Phoenix, Phoenix OR: $3.999 B100
SeQuential Biofuels, Eugene OR: $3.499 B99
J&L, Portland OR: $3.499 B99

Those prices are as of the 6th through the 9th of September.
Call ahead to confirm, Some B99 supplies are seasonal.
Baum went from $3.989 to $4.250 between 31 Aug and 9 Sept.

torqueit

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
I have heard of a few Biodiesel filling pumps that a user can dial the percentage in, is that one of those?
Unfortunately not (that would be cool though). The pump has a big B5 sticker and then a smaller "warning" type sticker that says 5-20%.

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
Unfortunately not (that would be cool though). The pump has a big B5 sticker and then a smaller "warning" type sticker that says 5-20%.
That is odd; if they continued to fill the storage tanks with B5 the fuel should remain B5. My guess is that they get occasional bulk loads of B20.
If that's a warranty issue for you, I'd ask.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
I thought it might have been due to some new regulation. The local bio producer's pumps were previously labeled as B20, but those stickers have since been replaced with a uniform one on every pump saying the fuel is between B5 and B20.

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
I thought it might have been due to some new regulation. The local bio producer's pumps were previously labeled as B20, but those stickers have since been replaced with a uniform one on every pump saying the fuel is between B5 and B20.
I think it's worth asking why; it's possible they're speculating based on adding Bio to already existing ULSD, which would be hard to estimate accurately if their storage tanks are 5,000 gallons or more. You’re from Mississippi, and the person posting above you with the same question is from Michigan, but I've never seen that in California. Here we have the right to ask for fuel delivery specifications (even in public fueling stations,) but ATM I can't remember what the document is called. You might try contacting the National Biodiesel Board: http://www.biodiesel.org/

It would be of value for you to understand what is going into you tank(s) especially if you’re driving a TDI under warranty.

I run B99 in the Summer and B70 in the winter when I often go to our local mountains, but I get B99 from our local Co-op. Our Co-op buys our fuel from a local commercial producer (ASTM spec.) who makes the Biodiesel from waste oil. As a Co-op we voted to only buy locally produced fuel that was also only made from recycled oil. When I run B70, I splash blend in my tank starting with Bio and adding ULSD.

Both of you have gotten me very curious about what’s going on with the posted (mixed message) warning sign of B5-B20.

Last edited:

torqueit

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
I emailed the station manager at the Meijers and here's a summary of what I got back.

- We are a B5 station.
- So far, we've only received B5 from the distiller.
- If they can't deliver B5, they can deliver up to B20.

I asked them to maybe mark the pump in some way so that customers can tell when there is anything other than B5 in the tank. We'll see what they say.

In the meantime, I probably won't go more than 40% B5 in my car to keep it near B2 just for the lubricity. Even if it's B20, I end up somewhere around B8.