2015 T4 Stutter and white smoke on hard acceleration

MondoTech

TDI
2010 Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
I just recently bought a 2015 TDI with 36k miles. Today I floored it from a stop and when I hit 45mph it stuttered for a second, I lifted my foot, and saw a ton of white smoke coming from the exhaust. No warning lights and it seemed fine after that but right after it happened I turned into my neighborhood and was only driving 25mph.

What should I be worried about? Is this possibly a symptom of the water in the airbox issue? I tried to check the air filter but then realized it's a rather serious undertaking to get the airbox open.

KenD

White smoke.

Hi I have a 2016 with 7K on it same thing shutter and white smoke I had the recall done on the blue def heater prior to problem some have said it happened to them before the recall. Mine was a clogged blue def injector. Mine sat for two years and the def crystallized in the injector. They put in new injector and all is well.

Ken

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
I doubt it is water in the airbox, unless something unusual has happen with rain/water with the car. Could be water in the fuel ? Try to reproduce the same conditions, if it happens again it should go in to the dealer because the car has a extended warranty from the "fix" for emissions.

MondoTech

TDI
I checked the air box and it was dry. I haven’t had the ad blue heater recall done yet. It’s been driving fine but I haven’t gunned it since.

MondoTech

TDI
floored it a bunch today, no issues. The previous owner probably babied it and maybe there was some condensation in the intercooler? No idea, but it seems fine now.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
I have had the ad blue heater replaced,but it never caused any white smoke on acceleration. I suspect moisture in the exhaust or fuel contamination. If you aren't having any trouble now,hopefully it is fine after some aggressive driving.