[video] ALH Rough idle, IQ jumping around

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
The fuel pump listed for $6.50 is a mechanical fuel pump that you would have found on an older gas engine with a carburetor.

At this point, it's probably best to find someone local and knowledgable that can give you a hand.

jorioux

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
I would like to revive this thread. The issue is still present and im really going mad about it, but I have some updates.

Just to get back on my Injection Pump leak, I fixed it a couple months ago by changing both the top and bottom seals. The engine still studders the exact same as before though.

Today I did a Diesel Purge, and the engine is noticeably smoother whenever it's not studdering, but I still have the exact same symptoms as before. The engine is studdering/hiccups at idle 2/3 of the time, though as soon as I touch the throttle, the studdering stops. The engine was also studdering at idle 2/3 of the time while doing the Diesel Purge, so I guess it has nothing to do with the fuel filter or the fuel itself.

Iv also just checked my IQ with VCDS, and the IQ is jumping around from 5 to 8. When its not studdering, the IQ is steady at around 6-7.

Im always doing around 46-48 US mpg (5 L/100km), so I guess that's not an issue.

Iv also checked for check engine codes with VCDS, and there is nothing.

Does a failing DMF would cause the IQ to jump around like that?

Do you think its the DMF or the IP ? Or maybe something else?

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
just replaced a pump on a car with the same symptoms, good used pump cured the issue completely... and quantity adjustments in both directions did nothing to alleviate the problem

Last edited: