airbag esp and e brake dash lights

jeffw1777

TDI
2003 jetta gls wagon, 1990 gti
Can anyone help me out here!

Today out of no where driving down the highway my parking brake light esp light airbag light all came on since then ebrake has gone esp comes on when I accelerate and when that happens my windows don't go up or down however airbag light is staying on any ideas what could have caused this? I think my car needs a complete exhaust system as I've put muffler cement on it but its pretty bad and needs to be replaced could this have triggered this any help would be greatly appericated as always

je

Veteran Member
TDI
-
Check your alternator and battery.

Take battery voltage when not running, it should be 12.6 or so.
Take battery voltage when engine running, it should be 14.1 or so.
If battery voltage is the same or less (such as 12.1) than when the engine is off, it's the alternator (the voltage regulator).

Give that a try, it doesn't cost anything, and isn't too tricky to attend to if you have a PD.

Last edited:

rrobbiiee

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta GLS
I've had the same problem, replaced battery with proper sized unit and it fixed the issues.

jeffw1777

TDI
2003 jetta gls wagon, 1990 gti
Alright I'll look into that I've had the same battery for a year now and it was the proper size for the car. I could be the alternator I will check that today thank you. Could it be my glow plug harness as I had switched that last thursday

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
Didn't you just have hitch wiring installed? I've only seen that screwed up 9 out of 10 times.