2011 West Coast GTG; Sometimes Erroneously Referred to as "WestFest"

DustyB

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
I'm having issues with fuel economy, oldpoopie sent me here to check out the get together, to have it looked at, I'm willing and prepared to bring beer or whatever to entice people to take a gander at my TDI.

Also if my wrists are healed up I have a nice, powerful buffer that I can either show people how to use or get scratches out for people.

Last edited:

bugget

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI GLS 2000
I just picked up some sausages for the grill and I will make a salad and bring it along with some paper plates and utensils and stuff. Jimmy or Travis, either of you guys going to bring a grill or should I pack my little one?

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather
Lastly- what are the ages of some of the kids that will be there? I was thinking of bringing my 6 year old daughter- but don't want her to be bored to tears.
A 12 year-old will now be attending with me. He swears he won't be bored ... we'll see ...

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
A 12 year-old will now be attending with me. He swears he won't be bored ... we'll see ...
I will have my 9 yr. old son in tow. My husband will be in Newport fishing in a tuna tournament. Son will vacillate between boredom and sharing his "expertise" on fishing, cars and anything else that strikes his fancy.:)
~Keli

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
How much wrenching could happen at this GTG? If I was to bring LCAs, Spindles, Struts, Springs is this the place to do it?

Should I bring my camera and tripod and such to snaps some pics?

Cheers,
-Chris

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
How much wrenching could happen at this GTG? If I was to bring LCAs, Spindles, Struts, Springs is this the place to do it?

Should I bring my camera and tripod and such to snaps some pics?

Cheers,
-Chris
I'm only doing very minor stuff, wandering around with advice and a vag-com

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Ok. I'm not sure I wanna bring everything down with me any way, but are other people gonna be wrenching on their own cars? I don't wanna be the only one!

And what time does the GTG kick off?

Shall I front my laptop with VDS-Pro or will someone else have one?

wild4lifejim

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Look forward to meeting members and learning!

Please count me in! I'm interested in Window Tinting and possibly some small dent removal. I'm a newbie, and just bought our TDI wagon two months ago from Quantum_TDI.

2003 Jetta TDI Wagon

SootHappens

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
ON AUGUST 6th, I AM COMING TO HANG OUT, AND MAYBE WORK ON MY OWN CAR AND MAYBE HELP OTHERS :
1. BleachedBora + 2x Adults, 1x Child
2. JetPuf + 1x adult, 1x child
3. O.C. TDI
4. cbalthazor
5. Oldpoopie
6. Ed's TDI
7. Whatnxt
8. NewTDI
9. bhutchins
10. brnsgrbr
11. Keli_OR + 1 adult,
12. Dean
13. Power_Not_Speed
14. Bugget
15. Dok
16. cmitchell
17. OR turbo Diesel + 1 adult
18. Jimwsea
19. timirving
20. 77K20
21. Gregnew2TDI
22. Brokk + 1x adult, 1x child
23. 06SpiceRedTDI +?
24. qhartman
25. tgolf
26. SootHappens (Scott)

I NEED A NEW WINDSHIELD - This is a feeler
1. cbalthazor(Maybe)
2. Oldpoopie
3. Power_Not_Speed
4. cmitchell
COSMETIC VEHICLE SERVICES

I WANT TO HAVE DENTS REMOVED - Feeler
1. BleachedBora
2. Power_Not_Speed
3. Gregnew2TDI

I WANT TO HAVE WINDOWS TINTED
1. BleachedBora
2. timirving (possibly)
ACTIVITIES

I AM INTERESTED IN DOING SOME DRAG RACING IF A TRACK IS AVAILABLE
1. O.C. TDI
2. tothemax
I WOULD LIKE TO POSSIBLY GET MY CAR DYNOED - if we get enough interest we can organize this.
1. timirving

I WANT TO GO MTB RIDING - one of the bikers can organize this
1. cbalthazor
2. tothemax
3. timirving (I do off-road unicycling but can help find some trails and will be riding my uni)

I AM COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN AND I NEED A HOTEL ROOM - BleachedBora can get corporate rates at hotels:
PLEASE INDICATE IF YOU WANT TO SHARE A ROOM

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Window tint probably won't happen, turns out a lot of people apparently weren't happy with the mobile guy last time. Get a hold of Tommy's Window Tinting:

http://portland.citysearch.com/profile/33622078/portland_or/tommys_window_tinting.html

and see if they can squeeze you in.

Windshield replacement should be a go. I need to have a bit more of a definitive word on what models we need. Looks like they are all mk4 and perhaps one mk5? We'll probably have some chip repair at the same time.

-BB

JetPuf

Veteran Member
TDI
White '98 Bug, Gray 2010 GL350
I'll have t-shirts from last years GENUINE TDI FEST for sale.

I'll also have a 11 week old I'll be entertaining and may bring my RC helicopter.

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Aaron, please put me down for a chip repair for sure! Also, if you had a minute, could you either pm or post here if you have a bolt kit for a suspension refresh? I don't need any of the bushings, just all the stretch bolts, etc.

Thanks!
-Chris

GregNew2TDI

TDI
2005 Jetta GLS TDI Sedan SOLD.
Argh, looks like I won't be making it. Forgot it was my wife's birthday. I guess there are priorities in life... At least she's learning to drive a manual, she'll be surprised that lesser vehicles don't pull as well when starting.

Jimwsea

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf GL
I just picked up some sausages for the grill and I will make a salad and bring it along with some paper plates and utensils and stuff. Jimmy or Travis, either of you guys going to bring a grill or should I pack my little one?
I can bring a kettle grill and a sack of charcoal - Jim

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll have t-shirts from last years GENUINE TDI FEST for sale.
I'll also have a 11 week old I'll be entertaining and may bring my RC helicopter.
Tommy will be so stoked if you bring the helicopter!!!!
He still refers to you as "that guy with the cool RC helicopter".:rolleyes:
~Keli

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
I would like someone to VagCom the Jetta. My fuel economy has totally sucked the last 2 fillups. I'm down to about 36mpg.:eek:
And I will pinkie swear I haven't been street racing (lately).:rolleyes:
~Keli

qhartman

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon w/ chainectomy
Argh.... In laws changed their plans at the last minute and are coming into town this weekend instead of next so I'm out... :( Next time! Are there enough people in the Eugene / Springfield area to make it worthwhile to do a more southerly GTG at some point?

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
Well I am gonna miss another one...
Waited until the last minute to see if I could get away but due to mother nature and her earlier weather tantrums my farm work is all screwed up! Still playing catch up.
Have a great time and I will see you all in the future!
Bruce

geodug

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon TDI 6MT
Going to try and combine a few things and travel down from Vancouver, BC for this GTG. If the stars align I will be in Portland in time.

Hope to see all you folks this weekend as I continue to break in my two week old 2011 Golf Wagon TDI.

JetPuf

Veteran Member
TDI
White '98 Bug, Gray 2010 GL350
Tommy will be so stoked if you bring the helicopter!!!!
He still refers to you as "that guy with the cool RC helicopter".:rolleyes:
~Keli
I'll bring it. No guarantees it will fly. I'm on baby duty.:D

Unfortunately I wont have my RC plane stuff ready to go by Saturday. The electronics are on the slow boat from China.

Left Coast Resident

Ubẽr Clubbie
TDI
2001, 2002 & 2003 Jettas
ON AUGUST 6th, I AM COMING TO HANG OUT, AND MAYBE WORK ON MY OWN CAR AND MAYBE HELP OTHERS :
1. BleachedBora + 2x Adults, 1x Child
2. JetPuf + 1x adult, 1x child
3. O.C. TDI
4. cbalthazor
5. Oldpoopie
6. Ed's TDI
7. Whatnxt
8. NewTDI
9. bhutchins
10. brnsgrbr
11. Keli_OR + 1 adult,
12. Dean
13. Power_Not_Speed
14. Bugget
15. Dok
16. cmitchell
17. OR turbo Diesel + 1 adult
18. Jimwsea
19. timirving
20. 77K20
21. Gregnew2TDI
22. Brokk + 1x adult, 1x child
23. 06SpiceRedTDI +?
24. qhartman
25. tgolf
26. SootHappens (Scott)

I WON'T BE THERE, BUT MY CAR CERTAINLY WILL, AS IT'S BEEN SITTING IN BAY #3 SINCE LAST CHRISTMAS. SAY 'HI' TO MY CAR, AND TAKE SOME PICTURES OF IT FOR ME, WON'T YOU???
1. Left Coast Resident

I NEED A NEW WINDSHIELD - This is a feeler
1. cbalthazor(Maybe)
2. Oldpoopie
3. Power_Not_Speed
4. cmitchell
COSMETIC VEHICLE SERVICES

I WANT TO HAVE DENTS REMOVED - Feeler
1. BleachedBora
2. Power_Not_Speed
3. Gregnew2TDI

I WANT TO HAVE WINDOWS TINTED
1. BleachedBora
2. timirving (possibly)
ACTIVITIES

I AM INTERESTED IN DOING SOME DRAG RACING IF A TRACK IS AVAILABLE
1. O.C. TDI
2. tothemax

I WOULD LIKE TO POSSIBLY GET MY CAR DYNOED - if we get enough interest we can organize this.
1. timirving

I WANT TO GO MTB RIDING - one of the bikers can organize this
1. cbalthazor
2. tothemax
3. timirving (I do off-road unicycling but can help find some trails and will be riding my uni)

I AM COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN AND I NEED A HOTEL ROOM - BleachedBora can get corporate rates at hotels:
PLEASE INDICATE IF YOU WANT TO SHARE A ROOM

Last edited:

timirving

TDI
2005 Golf TDI GLS; 2002 Jetta TDI GLS
I would like someone to VagCom the Jetta. My fuel economy has totally sucked the last 2 fillups. I'm down to about 36mpg.:eek:
And I will pinkie swear I haven't been street racing (lately).:rolleyes:
~Keli
Mine has really sucked too. I have a Malone stage 2 tune and Titan nozzles. I'll bring my vagcom and one of the gurus who know a lot more about rit than I do can help us. Maybe the same thing is going on :)

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I WON'T BE THERE, BUT MY CAR CERTAINLY WILL, AS IT'S BEEN SITTING IN BAY #3 SINCE LAST CHRISTMAS. SAY 'HI' TO MY CAR, AND TAKE SOME PICTURES OF IT FOR ME, WON'T YOU???
1. Left Coast Resident
Someone please post pics of LCR's car in bay 3. We gotta see pics of the car now :)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm in, but not in my TDI. Flying out tomorrow. I look forward to seeing folks I haven't seen in a while and meeting new people.

See you Saturday!

Left Coast Resident

Ubẽr Clubbie
TDI
2001, 2002 & 2003 Jettas
This message is posted on behalf of Rich. This is not me talking – I would NEVER say any of the following things – I think you know that:

Hello fellow TDI-Clubby’s. How are you all today? I am fine. This is Rich speaking. After much thought and soul searching, I am respectfully requesting, no, actually demanding – but very respectfully demanding, that is – that, in honor of LCR, this Fest, eerrr GTG be renamed from it’s current title of ‘West Coast GTG at Fix-um Haus’ to its new title of ‘Left Coast GTG at the Current Site of LCR’s Car’.

I know that I don’t have to grovel in front of you, my fellow TDI-Clubby friends, so I’ll just presume that this is a done deal, and ask Aaron to go back and change all references in every post regarding the former, to reflect the latter.

Welcome to ‘Left Coast GTG at the Current Site of LCR’s Car’!!! Let the games begin, starting with the ‘I Photographed LCR’s Car’ contest . . .

P.S. if any of you know anything about Voo Doo, could you please PM me privately – recently I’ve become aware that the very small, nondescript, Voo Doo doll hanging from the bottom of LCR’s rear view mirror, that I didn’t really notice for the first few months – well recently it seems to be looking at me or sometimes even following me around the shop when I work on other people’s cars – and it’s really creeping me out – Honestly, I need some help and advice here, so, I mean, could any of you PM me, please . . .

Last edited: