Just replace auto flyweel in 06 Jetta tdi brm - now car won't start!

TDI
2004 Jetta tdi wagon
Just replaced auto dsg flywheel in 2006 Jetta tdi with brm engine. Car will not start. When it does start, it smokes like crazy and runs rough. Scanned with vag com and got cam position sensor code. Implausible signal. Replace cam position sensor, but still the same. Anybody have an idea where to go next? Crank position sensor? ECM?
( I checked timing belt just in case and it is fine.)
Any help would be appreciated.

05_new_jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
MKV Jetta TDI
more than likely it is something that was done changing out your flywheel, i would retrace your steps and see if ya missed anything. least thats what i would do had i have this happen to me.

TDI
2004 Jetta tdi wagon
closing the loop on the no start issue

I just wanted to close the loop on that no start issue. It was the crankshaft seal, installed incorrectly (without specialty tool) which caused the no start issue. If you need to replace a rear main seal on a jetta tdi with BRM engine code, you MUST have the specialty tool. Lesson Learned.

05_new_jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
MKV Jetta TDI
I just wanted to close the loop on that no start issue. It was the crankshaft seal, installed incorrectly (without specialty tool) which caused the no start issue. If you need to replace a rear main seal on a jetta tdi with BRM engine code, you MUST have the specialty tool. Lesson Learned.
I did it... No tool used.