www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old July 10th, 2019, 05:32   #16
ibizatdi130

the weak point of the Chinese turbo is the compressor wheel but this one has billet cw so it maybe reliable... about the lag it can usefull to know if it a vnt1 or vnt2 noozle? we also need to know what size of compressor wheel and turbine wheel it use??? But I can say you that overboost map that work with stock turbo can't work with this one, so you need a remap

what is your engine code?
ibizatdi130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 10:48   #17
Nevada_TDI
Veteran Member

If you have boost up to 2500 RPM or so and then no boost after, you likely have a vacuum issue. If it were me, after sending back the turbo you have, set the turbo's response to factory suggested numbers: the arm starts to move at 3-5" of vacuum, and hits the stop at 18" or so. Do not play with the stop screw! If the stop screw is set wrong, you could blow up your turbo due to shaft over speed.

Go to Dutch Auto Parts for an affordable, top quality turbo: https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=434593

Go to post #3.
2001 Jetta GL TDI, Tinted, Vented, No Kitty, EGR-ectomy, TDTuning, HIFLO .216's, TurboLabAmerica Hybrid 15-17/56, VCDS Hex+CAN, S-B Daily Driver 2 Clutch, DG Short Shifter, Frostheater, Baldwin Fuel Filter, Koni Orange, New Paint. Previous Diesel: 1983 Rabbit Diesel

Last edited by Nevada_TDI; July 10th, 2019 at 10:57.
Nevada_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 17:54   #18
ScottSwee

Thanks everyone for the help!

I am new to the VCDS software and was unable to find the N75 while graphing the actual vs specified boost.

I have not touched the stop screw on the turbo. I have just adjusted the actuator about 1 turn at a time.

How do I post pictures to this ?
ScottSwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 17:58   #19
ScottSwee

I do have boost over 2500 rpm just lots of lag.

I will check with Owain from Malone to see if he thinks I need a remap for the turbo. I got the tune from Malone.

specs for the turbo are not listed, I can reach out to the people I purchased it from and see if they have any. They have responded to a few questions of mine.....

For sure the last thing I want to happen is to loose the turbo and tear the engine up. I would rather buy a turbo from IDparts and replace it if it looks like a bad turbo.
Old July 11th, 2019, 11:09   #20
Yourbuddysatin
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 32-35mpg

You can’t adjust the actuator properly without a mityvac. Needs to be around 18 inches of mercury when the actuator is fully pulled in.
Yourbuddysatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 14:55   #21
ibizatdi130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSwee View Post

For sure the last thing I want to happen is to loose the turbo and tear the engine up. I would rather buy a turbo from IDparts and replace it if it looks like a bad turbo.

sometimes chinese turbo parts are good, but sometimes no... I think your billet cw is good. If you can open you turbo and show us pics of the bearing and thrust bearing and also the vnt I will be able to say you if you turbo is ok, but next you will need to balance your turbo before put it back on the car. If you open your turbo you need to mesure the CW and TW to know how amount of boost it can handle
ibizatdi130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 15:15   #22
ScottSwee

Hate to say if I need to pull it out and send for rebalance i think I should just get a quality turbo to install.

I’m very mechanical inclined, I’ve replaced timing belts , injection pumps. I’ve been a hvac tech for 22 years. Where I’m going is I’ve replaced plenty of junk parts in my life. Actually just fought with an Oreileys reman alternator on and off for 2 weeks before I ordered a new one.

Not sure I should gamble on this turbo?
Old July 11th, 2019, 16:46   #23
Yourbuddysatin
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 32-35mpg

if it was me I’d adjust the actuator and run it til something breaks. But that is me.
Yourbuddysatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 16:51   #24
jmodge
Veteran Member

If you look into it further I think you will find that his turbos are manufactured in Poland not China
Old July 11th, 2019, 16:53   #25
jmodge
Veteran Member

The cartridges for the VNT 15 are anyway
Old July 11th, 2019, 17:40   #26
Tdijarhead
Veteran Member

I saw that Poland manufacture also. Actually I was a little impressed with their website and what they say, however look at all the websites out there that are fabulous at deceiving people. I’m keeping a eye on this thread to see how this story turns out.
Tdijarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 18:53   #27
ScottSwee

I’m surprised nobody here has seen or heard of them.

I found an eBay page trying to find some info.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=...ne=true&_pgn=1
Old July 11th, 2019, 19:27   #28
jmodge
Veteran Member

He is about 20 miles from me, I recently found out. He is opening a retail shop within the next month. Something I must check out
Old July 12th, 2019, 05:55   #29
ScottSwee

I emailed tdiupgrades yesterday.
He stated the turbo is made in Minnesota/Poland
Old July 12th, 2019, 07:44   #30
jmodge
Veteran Member

He has been selling parts on craigslist over here for a while that I’ve noticed. His website has been up for sometime also. I just bought an actuator off Amazon yesterday and decided to check with supplier. Noticed he was local and called him, Hope to get the part today.
Also nice to hear there is a Minnesota in Poland