Free adblue during service?

GTSLOW

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW & 04 Golf
I've seen a few posts on some Facebook groups about free adblue during service due to the settlement. Has anyone had to pay for theirs? I've only had a 10K done so for.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
AFAIK oil change and tire rotation is the only thing covered by VWoA as for the free 10K service.

Anything the dealer does is above any beyond what they will be compensated for.

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
10k was "free...
It was included in my 20k and 30k package prepaid mx...
I did the 40k on my own dime...told them NOT to top off the DEF, saved myself $$$ and it myself...forget the $$, but the difference between the $3.99 a gallon pump Def and dealer service price was about 10x...

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
My dealer is covering 3 yr /30k of service , but I just had my 20k done last week (just under 10 months)..... which is why I'm adding another vehicle to my fleet shortly to cut down on the miles I'm racking up on the '15.....oh, and the fluids get topped off. Not sure what I'm going to do when the 40k device arrives, dealer or a trusted place.....

Last edited:

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
You guys get 10K free? Not me (called 2 dealerships) I'm crawling underneath to do mine this weekend. Also need to fill adblue. Display says 1500miles left.

aditud

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE 6MT
You guys get 10K free? Not me (called 2 dealerships) I'm crawling underneath to do mine this weekend. Also need to fill adblue. Display says 1500miles left.
You should insist.

Initially, the dealer by my house charged me for the 10k service. Said he had to, since I didn't buy the car from them.

However, as advised here on the forum, I looked for and found the original car sticker where it clearly says that the 10k is free, paid for VW.

Called the dealer and they refunded my credit card. They apologized saying they hadn't seen "new" 2015's in a while.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Yep, it's right on your window sticker.

That being said, no way in hell I'd let a dealer touch my car outside a warranty claim.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
That being said, no way in hell I'd let a dealer touch my car outside a warranty claim.
I know what you mean. After my engine cover came off after taking delivery, I'd rather do it myself. It wasn't so bad, but took like 5 different size socket/torx. MKVI was much easier (no crawling under).

Anyway, got a box of DEF from Walmart, but didn't get a chance to top it off. Got 1400 miles left before self destruction, lol.