Bio-Deisel

Retz

TDI
no
Anyone know anything about Bio-Deisel? All I have heard is that it could be made from soybean oil or other crops that could be grown here in USA or anywhere. One guy I talked too is involved with setting up stations that will distribute it. He says you don't need any alterations to your TDI and it works great.He also said he is builing a race car to promote the idea. No pollution,no dependance on oil companies, jobs for farmers.
Is this be to good to be true? Why is the auto industry only talking Hybreds (and they're not talking too much about Hybreds) and not Bio-Deisel? Deisels are more powerful get good millage etc. etc.

John Beyer

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 White TDI/GT Jetta, 2003 Silver Jetta
Check out the Fuels and Lubricants section here and check out biodiesel.org and biodiesel.infopop.net.
It can be made from soybeans and other crops and also from waste frying oil.
You can use it straght (100%) in a TDI but it will slowly soften the rubber fuel lines between injectors on A3s and B4s. I hope to be getting some very soon.

solstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 NB red cabrilet
Here in Texas I get my 100 percent bio-diesel from Green fuels in Texas City,Tx-Pete Has a special on 2 barrels (55gal) free delivery! when I fuel up at a fuel station I put in 3 gal. of bio diesel to 12 gal. of petro diesel- gets rid of sell and car runs better wither improved fuel mileage- I Havent found a down side yet (other than cost 1.60/2.00 a gal.)

The Trouts

Veteran Member
TDI
was Bio-Pod <sniff>
I Havent found a down side yet (other than cost 1.60/2.00 a gal.)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is like looking for a downside to great sex.

Once you run B100 - you'll never go back.

Cost be damned! We pay $2.47 a gallon here on Maui - down this week from its usual $2.54 due to the implementation of a $0.07 decrease from the State of Hawai'i - a tax cut

We are happy to pay it. We have put all 12,500 miles on The Biopod with B100. MPG is likely a little less than with fossil fuel, we get 39 mpg consistently. I LIKE the GO pedal.

I have gone 99MPH uphill (about a 5% grade) numerous times, I live up the side of Haleakala, the largest dormant volcano in the world...what a blast it is to pass gassers (today it was a Lincoln Navigator)while proclaiming the fuel in big letters on the side of the car. (see the Biopod link)

a hui hou