VW Golf II TDI

Nitrox

TDI
Golf II TDI
what happened with your tach issue /oil pressure warning screaming at you?
It's the VDO dual sender oil pressure switch that is working the oposite that it should do.

When i start the engine the switch opens instead of closing then when I rev it above 2000rpm the alarm goes off.

I have to change the dual sender for a proper one. But meanwhile i have just connected the wire to ground and it's fine.

Nitrox

TDI
Golf II TDI
I wish I had car building talent like that.
Hello Felix!

The first thing to do, is to start a project! Take your time, plan everything, try to do your best and never be in a rush.

The most important thing in the process is to have fun and love what you are doing!

The car has done 5000km, everything good so far!

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
congrats on the "built not bought" write up in PVW

numbnuts

Veteran Member
TDI
mk2 golf
Hi Nice work on the mk2, nice to see another converted one. Also do you get rust in the algarve? Try and find a rear beam that looks like that over here in the UK:D

Nitrox

TDI
Golf II TDI
congrats on the "built not bought" write up in PVW
Thanks G60ING :)

Hi Nice work on the mk2, nice to see another converted one. Also do you get rust in the algarve? Try and find a rear beam that looks like that over here in the UK:D
Thanks!

ahaha! yes, we don't have snow, so we don't get salty roads.

A friend of my bought from ebay UK, a Seat TDI engine from an 09' Ibiza and the rust was already in a pulley :eek:

Some updates on the car coming soon!

JoaoT4

Veteran Member
TDI
Eurovan Conversion
It's the VDO dual sender oil pressure switch that is working the oposite that it should do.

When i start the engine the switch opens instead of closing then when I rev it above 2000rpm the alarm goes off.

I have to change the dual sender for a proper one. But meanwhile i have just connected the wire to ground and it's fine.
I grounded one of the wires and the other I connected to a relay to invert the signal.
Did you find a solution for the rev counter?

João

Nitrox

TDI
Golf II TDI
Shooted a short video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PEu9LzJga0

I have counted 12,5s from 100 to 200.

Not bad!

Some comparison with other VW's:

Golf 3 vr6 (174hp)- 19s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40J4Xg9N1uI

Golf 6 gti (210hp) - 18s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgpmcFFJitc

Golf 2 with ABF ( min 150hp)- 17s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuevLf_HBtc&feature=related

Golf 6 R20 tuned (300ch) 12,5 (same as my TDI :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PQFeKyhSCY

Another Golf 6 tuned (330ch) - 11s!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpEx3mt0kn8

Last edited:

Nitrox

TDI
Golf II TDI
Hi AM!

I don't how many HP, but i think between 200-220 and the torque +400NM.

Abraço

clyde

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, 1959 DeSoto with leopard-skin seat covers
ninedee golf tdi said "Looks good, but you have your timing belt tensioner wound backwards."

Will the tensioner apply force in the opposite direction? As shown in the bottom picture?

I have deleted the A/C, so had to change the pulley system.

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
ninedee golf tdi said "Looks good, but you have your timing belt tensioner wound backwards."

Will the tensioner apply force in the opposite direction? As shown in the bottom picture?
Your TIMING BELT tensioner is tensioned backwards, this has nothing to do with your serpentine belt tensioner!

What are you talking about? :confused:

Nitrox

TDI
Golf II TDI
Hi!

I have recently dyno'd the GTD on MAHA rollers and the results were:

212,8 hp @ 4820rpm
470nm @ 2640rpm

171,3hp @ wheels

Not bad for a 2256v and 1.7bar boost.

Alleslowbuged

TDI
Golf MK2 TD
Hi,

really nice build, reminds me a lot to my own AAZ golf Mk II built (without the shiny bits). I would love to see the power and torque curves and compare them to my idi engine. Could you scan the diagram and post it here?

And is the car still runing and yours?

Best Regards
Alleslowbuged

P.S. 1
Thanks also for the mk1 thread, i have seen the volvo intake for the first time in your thread yesterday and allready buy one to build my own custom intake. I also like the MkI built very much.

P.S. 2
If you are interested, here is the link to my Mk II IDI built.
http://www.vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php/topic,24407.0.html

Nitrox

TDI
Golf II TDI
Hello Alleslowbuged!

Yes, still mine and running very good!

Recently I upgraded the gearbox with the eurotuning 6 speed kit!

Now i'm upgrading the brakes!

Thank you for you kind words. I have to found the dyno sheet first, and I will scan it.

Alleslowbuged

TDI
Golf MK2 TD
Hi, did you install the 6 speed kit by yourself or was it done in a shop. i would love to have a sixt gear.

I never heart of the eurotuning kit, but just checkt the hompeage and it seems worth the money.

Best Regards

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
He does it all himself! This mod can be done with gearbox in car! I'm doing mine on a spare CTN, since I am installing a peloquin LSD as well. :cool:

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
He does it all himself! This mod can be done with gearbox in car! I'm doing mine on a spare CTN, since I am installing a peloquin LSD as well. :cool:
I really wanted a peloquin, just couldn't justify the $ to get it.

Steve

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Makes a lot more sense than a six speed upgrade, honestly the lsd should come first
That would depend a lot on what the vehicle is used for. Since my cars are really just drivers it doesn't make a lot of sense to drop that much coin for the peloquin, the six speed is far more valuable to me.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't like one but for the kind of driving I do I can't justify it.

Steve

clyde

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes!

In order to maintain the original cluster and tacho, I bought this signal converter and it works perfectly!

http://www.zmm-electronic.de/produc...igital-frequency-converter-speed-changer.html
Almost a decade ago (30 Sept. 2011), while you were putting a TDI in a Mk2 VW, another member asked if you had been able to make the Mk2 tachometer work. You said that you had, and gave a link to the device you used.

I'm doing the same thing and surely would like to get the Mk2 tach to work, but the link you gave does not work. Do you remember the device you used to get the tach to work?

Thanks for any info you can offer!

clyde

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
What ECU are you using? There should be a wire straight from the ECU that provides a tach signal. At least in the ALH motors. I think Jimbote would be able to give you a more clear answer as to which ECUs provided that signal.

clyde

Veteran Member
TDI
What ECU are you using? There should be a wire straight from the ECU that provides a tach signal. At least in the ALH motors. I think Jimbote would be able to give you a more clear answer as to which ECUs provided that signal.
Using an AHU and its ECU. Both from a 98 Jetta.

CasaEd

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Passat TDi B4, VW Passat TDi B4 GL, VW Passat B3 PD AWX Conversion
If you are using the original tacho it has an analogue signal, the ECU puts out a digital signal.
I have a B3 Passat with PD conversion, it has the original analogue tacho installed. All I did was
to take the plastic cover off the back of the alternator and solder a wire onto 1 of the winding
AC outputs before it go's through the diode plate and connect this to your tacho input wire,
It works perfect, all though some people say that it does not read correctly on over-run due to
the clutched pulley on the alternator, but to be honest unless you have Vag-Com plugged in
you would never notice it,