Monster Mats for 2011 Jetta

dmcrazy

Any one else bought the monster mats and feel ripped off there is no full thick lip around the mat? I contacted vw and their claim it's a "safety" design so the mat won't go under the gas pedal. I filled a complaint as I have slush stains were the water slid off the mat and hit the carpet. I hope they change this and bring back the old style full lip.

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
Any one else bought the monster mats and feel ripped off there is no full thick lip around the mat? I contacted vw and their claim it's a "safety" design so the mat won't go under the gas pedal. I filled a complaint as I have slush stains were the water slid off the mat and hit the carpet. I hope they change this and bring back the old style full lip.
yeah its a safety design. You should see Toyota mats! they even make you sign a paper saying you will NOT put anything else in there and if you do it will not thier problem if you crash and die!

I got the vw mats for free, well part of the deal i guess. But as twotone mentioned by weathertech their has a very good lip all around. I'm just not sure if they are out yet. I'm still looking for the trunk liner.

moore.ba

Veteran Member
TDI
Weathertech mats don't fit properly! Don't waste your money!

The fronts are ok but the backs are nowhere near a good fit. I emailed them and they said 'too bad so sad' -paraphrasing there.

Also to note: the colours are WAY off the beige on the website is not the beige you get.

Anyone want more info or pics please PM me with your email address and I'd be glad to show you.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
I've never had any problems with "spillage" from my monster mats. Try kicking the snow/slush off you feet before getting in the car.

Put your butt in the seat leaving your feet outside, kick them together a few times, then twist into driving position.

NickBeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI 2006 Dodge Ram
I've never had any problems with "spillage" from my monster mats. Try kicking the snow/slush off you feet before getting in the car.

Put your butt in the seat leaving your feet outside, kick them together a few times, then twist into driving position.
Ha ha, this is the only method of getting my rather large carcass in behind the wheel!! :D

dmcrazy

The weathertech doesn't look like the lip is tall as the old MK4 mats. All the other ones fit great on my opinion just the driver one is missing that lip. The funny thing is I do kick all the snow and slush off, but water still pools.