Negative measured soot load?

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Why does VAG DPF show a negative measured soot load after regen? After regen mine shows -10g

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Might be because it isn't really matched to our engine types. Mine seems to be correct though as it starts a regen at about 23.5 and stops around 4.5. Just watched one a few days ago. The developer is not from the US so getting settings for our cars is a hit or miss with what is already available in the app.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Might be because it isn't really matched to our engine types. Mine seems to be correct though as it starts a regen at about 23.5 and stops around 4.5. Just watched one a few days ago. The developer is not from the US so getting settings for our cars is a hit or miss with what is already available in the app.
Mine does exactly that on calculated soot but the measured soot seems way off.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I will have to check that one next time. I forgot there were two. I don't even know if that one works for me. I will check. They use different calculations and inputs for each.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Mine does exactly that on calculated soot but the measured soot seems way off.
Bosch does not expect measured soot reading to be accurate. It is determined by the d/p sensor.

That's why calculated soot determines when you regen. The internal model calculations are considered to be more accurate.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Bosch does not expect measured soot reading to be accurate. It is determined by the d/p sensor.
That's why calculated soot determines when you regen. The internal model calculations are considered to be more accurate.
So that would pretty much make the measured soot reading a useless number?