TDIFest OH-8 (2008) coming to Mason, OH

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
If he changes his name to Harold, he could be known as Miata Harry...

(Don't ask why this popped into my head... I guess I need more sleep...)

Y.

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
-Whitey: 2000 Jetta GLS, Red: 2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
Bob_Fout said:
I dunno he's got the Miata now with horpowerz than our stock TDIs.
He can't handle the Miata's horpowerz.

He still drives it under the speed limit and adds to the traffic congestion where ever he is put-putting around in it. His is the only Miata that frequently gets tooled by 15 year old kids on mopeds. :(

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
CoolWht said:
But who has to stop first to refuel?! :rolleyes:
I have to stop three times per TDI tank. :(

And, psht, whatever, Mike. I drive AT the speed limit. Except when I'm following certain drivers from Michigan, who find 20 over to be perfectly normal. :p

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
bhtooefr said:
You sure about that? Some of us can do 1,000 miles per tank. ;) And no, mine's not a B4 Variant with the extra large capacity tank, just a plain white A4 here.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
58 MPG is pretty tough to get... most prefer to drive faster than 55-60 MPH. That's assuming a 17 gallon fill.

Bump it down to 16 gallons, that's 62 MPG. And 15 gallons... 66 MPG.

I won't be driving 50 MPH on the interstate anytime soon.

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
Are you the same Toof that made the following posts?

bhtooefr said:
I usually stick with the right lane, unless there's too much action...
bhtooefr said:
Then why not increase enforcement? Install 60 MPH speed limiters into cars (there are legitimate safety reasons why the ability to accelerate beyond such a 55 MPH national limit would be necessary)? Increase fines? Et cetera, et cetera.
bhtooefr said:
Myself, my reasons for a lower spped limit don't have a damn thing to do with safety, and everything to do with fuel economy. We, as in the US, can't afford to have soccer moms driving their Suburbans at 85 MPH.
bhtooefr said:
...And, psht, whatever, Mike. I drive AT the speed limit. Except when I'm following certain drivers from Michigan, who find 20 over to be perfectly normal. :p
Yea, they get in my way too, dang Michigan slow pokes! :mad:

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
Hey, if you're only doing 20 over you better be in the right or middle lane. Humor aside, michigan drivers definitely do tend to drive much faster. I always look forward to the michigan line when coming home from college in ohio.

Dodoma

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta White
Great job to set fiest. Good for local economy. Great chance to see and meet veterans. And of course, if you drive, opportunity to get any problem fixed.

weiky79

BANNED
MOGolf said:
Let's hope I don't have to work, get sent to another part of the planet, have a kidney boulder, ...
LOL!!! would these be the boulders of calcium oxalate perhaps? also, what treatment do you undergo in this event?

weiky79

BANNED
hey whitebread! would you believe me if i told you i drove from youngstown,OH to detroit in 2 HR 50 MIN?

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
weiky79 said:
LOL!!! would these be the boulders of calcium oxalate perhaps? also, what treatment do you undergo in this event?
The last time required a laser and other medical hardware.

As it stands now, work is on the schedule unless I can get someone else to cover. :(

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
bhtooefr said:
...Except when I'm following certain drivers from Michigan, who find 20 over to be perfectly normal. :p
:eek: ;)

The speed limits in ohio are too low.

-Jason

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
Hi! Regarding Post #s 168 &169 -- springtime registration??? Last year we registered in January; I thought there was a Post that January 2008 would open registration for OH-8's Fest. It's now January!
My offer still stands to help with the Fest - making copies, etc.
Kristina

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
whitetdi05 said:
Hi! Regarding Post #s 168 &169 -- springtime registration??? Last year we registered in January
Every year is different - different bunch of organizers, different location, etc. so I wouldn't sweat it until around April/May timeframe. Probably take that long for the organizers to recover from the holiday festivities anyway! :p

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
compu_85 said:
:eek: ;)

The speed limits in ohio are too low.

-Jason
Then we'll put up taller signs just for the MI folks. :p

fredsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
99 jetta
Who wants to get me a room

Who wants to get me a room for that weekend sign in is 21 and im only going to be 19 and none of my 21 friends are interested in little diesels? I want to come and if any one knows me in not going to mess any thing up and I was at Old navys gtg if any one remembers me from there. Thanks fred

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
fredsTDI said:
Who wants to get me a room for that weekend sign in is 21 and im only going to be 19 and none of my 21 friends are interested in little diesels? I want to come and if any one knows me in not going to mess any thing up and I was at Old navys gtg if any one remembers me from there. Thanks fred
Is your name also Fred or did you buy one of Fred's old TDI's or something?

I was kindof wondering how you came to choose the name "FredsTDI" on "Fred's TDI forum"? :p

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
LurkerMike said:
Is your name also Fred or did you buy one of Fred's old TDI's or something?

I was kindof wondering how you came to choose the name "FredsTDI" on "Fred's TDI forum"? :p
Seeing how he signed his post: "Thanks Fred".

fredsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
99 jetta
Fred is my name and i chose that SN then later on figured out that the site owners name is Fred also I did it on accident kinda but my name is Fred

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Great News! The wife is expecting and is due in August. Bad News... Well, looks like I am gonna have to miss another Fest. At least , 2009 It will be a family affair for me. :)

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
weiky79 said:
I had one of those sharp nasty bastards 2 years ago. My treatment mostly consisted of vicodin, beer & cigarettes. Worked like a charm! :D

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
Will there be autocross? Rally-X? Drag races?!

Anyone mind if I bring the Evo? I'll toss a jug of bio-diesel in the trunk just to keep it on the up and up!

Congrats to the Cinci TDI crew... great folks all... except that Rich guy. He's shifty.

weiky79

BANNED
scurvy said:
I had one of those sharp nasty bastards 2 years ago. My treatment mostly consisted of vicodin, beer & cigarettes. Worked like a charm! :D

haha, your stone musta looked like one of them d@mned Indian arrowheads huh? glad you can laugh about it now. i hope and pray i never get that sh!t

wnytdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SEL
I've been wanting to attend TDIFest in the past but didn't get to, but this year I'm planning to attend it with my whole family with 2 young kids.

Hope to see you all there!