Vw golf 5 tdi 1.9 unknown plug

Bht

TDI
golf (BLS)
Does anyone know what is and where this plug belong?
GOLF 1.9 TDI BLS
I recently replaced the turbocharger. And the service does not know what this.

If someone thinks it is made wrong, let me know what is right
Tnx

Last edited:

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Not familiar with that engine, and I can't see to where the wires travel from the plug, but if that round, black item is your "vacuum setting element" which is right on top of your turbo, then it might be related.
How does the car run? Any performance issues? Any MILs?
The shop that replaced your turbo owes you a scan at least to check for codes....
Also, maybe you could change your picture to smaller? Very hard to see when that large.

Bht

TDI
golf (BLS)
Hi there,

I have some issues like low boost in the 4th and 5th gear. And P0299 came with when i force on high rpm.

The plug wire goes together with EGR Solenoid valve wire plug, it is splited on the left side.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Guessing something plugs in there unless car has been modified in some way (EGR delete?). Believe that wire/plug would come from the other side of the motor, behind the engine. They must have tucked it out of the way when they did the service. The code may need cleared or it might go away once the issue is addressed.
Ross-Tech

kcunniff

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf GLS BEW (5spd)
BLS? That’s an engine code I’ve never heard. I note you are in Germany. For curiosity’s sake, what year is your vehicle?

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
The plug wire goes together with EGR Solenoid valve wire plug, it is splited on the left side.

Does this mean that you corrected the problem?

Will27

TDI
'06 Golf TDI, '08 Caddy TDI, '13 Passat Alltrack
I just checked the Caddy I have with a BLS engine (2008), that part of my wiring harness only has one plug for the EGR changeover solenoid. It doesn't appear to have the extra plug you have there.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
If the plug has a part # inscribed on it you could try to google that and see what comes up.