Air intake manifold flap sticking

Pete L

TDI
VW Passat 2.00 TDI 2008
Hi, I've got a Passat 2.0 TDI 2008 and I have a problem with the air intake manifold, engine management light came on and the diagnostics said error code p2015, I got a repair bracket to solve the problem, I cleared the error on the diagnostics took it for a drive and I now have errors p2004 and p2006 (flap stuck open) and (flap stuck closed)??? Any suggestions to solve this, thanks Pete L

Last edited:

Zak3

Veteran Member
TDI
98' Audi A3 8L (from AGR to ARL)
Try to see if you can actuate manually the shaft to rotate the vanes.

May be you have stuck vanes.

Or

Faulty manifold motor.

Andycarp

TDI
2.0 tdi
Sorry to bring up an old thread but my 08 Passat that has the repair bracket has the p2015 code come back after being off for a while now.
When the engine is running I can't get the motor arm to move and it just seems stuck in one position.
Im not that technical but I'm guessing that I might need to replace the whole motor can anybody give me any advice and approx costs It would be much appreciated thanks.
My car has over 140k on it now

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
You will probably have to wait more than 12 minutes for an answer. Don't go crazy! An email to Dieselgeek (if you bought the adapter from him) might also be a good idea.

Andycarp

TDI
2.0 tdi
I bought it off eBay only just found out about diesal geek I emailed him but after I told him I thought the motor was not working he didn't email back.shame because I was about to buy his bracket as I heard so many good reviews

Andycarp

TDI
2.0 tdi
I do already have a bracket but wanted to replace it with diesal geeks as it supposed to be the original and best.