What mat goes over (covers) the hump?

Lucihula

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen
Hi just picked up my TDI sportwagen last night and am looking for something that covers that hump. I had weather tech molded mats in my Flex that covered the hump, but am having a hard time finding one for this new car. Any suggestions? I have two boys and def want a rubber/ all weather type of mat for the back here they'll be sitting, spilling, and everything else they can drive me nuts with LOL! Thanks.

xeno555

Veteran Member
TDI
golf
If I had a hump, I think I would want to cover it too. I would like to help you, but I don't know what your talking about? Are you talking about the center of the vehicle?

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Yeah, he's probably referring to the center tunnel that runs down the center of the car. For our JSW's, Weathertech makes individual rear floormats that just go in the footwells. But for some vehicles, like the latest Subaru Outbacks, Weathertech makes 1-piece rear mats that go up and over the hump.

Personally, I like the individual ones because they're easier to remove without dumping all the dirt out inside the car, but I understand the original poster's concerns.

Lucihula

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen
yup it's the kind of mat that is one piece and goes up and over the hump and down into the footwells.

Yeah, he's probably referring to the center tunnel that runs down the center of the car. For our JSW's, Weathertech makes individual rear floormats that just go in the footwells. But for some vehicles, like the latest Subaru Outbacks, Weathertech makes 1-piece rear mats that go up and over the hump.

Personally, I like the individual ones because they're easier to remove without dumping all the dirt out inside the car, but I understand the original poster's concerns.

Lucihula

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen
Hi sorry in the back seat inbetween the footwells there's a hump that I'd like to have something cover that.My boys are young and step on that part that isn't protected by the current monster mats. My Ford Flex had a one piece mat that went from one footwell over the hump and into the other footwell. It was nice and kept everything clean.

If I had a hump, I think I would want to cover it too. I would like to help you, but I don't know what your talking about? Are you talking about the center of the vehicle?

xeno555

Veteran Member
TDI
golf
Hi sorry in the back seat inbetween the footwells there's a hump that I'd like to have something cover that.My boys are young and step on that part that isn't protected by the current monster mats. My Ford Flex had a one piece mat that went from one footwell over the hump and into the other footwell. It was nice and kept everything clean.

If it does not get to much traffic, you can get plastic carpet protector. It somewhat tacky on one side, but never leaves a residue.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
I bought a $5 16"x16" square mat, transferred the console profile and cut to fit and it has worked well enough for 65k km's!