FSDs and RSB

Wetspirit

TDI
2005 Passat TDI Blue Graphite
I finally put a set of Koni model FSD shocks and an Autotech rear sway bar on my 2005 Passat TDI.

First was the RSB and a few hundred miles to check it out. I went through the Sierras on hwy 108 and down into Nevada. Nice difference in the handling. The car felt lighter and more responsive. It definately corners more neutral and with more precision in the steering wheel. No front plowing in the corners, but still a lot of wallowing and bottoming.

Next the shocks and a few hunded more miles. Now it corners even better. More sporty feeling and able to handle bumps in the corners without getting upset. I don't have the sense that it is bottoming all the time. The ride is slightly more firm but not harsh, just more like it should have been from VW.

This is an excellent combo for mountain roads and general handling. Well worth it. I'm surprised how much lighter the car feels and how precise the steering is. On and off ramps can be taken at MUCH higher speeds with a go kart feel. Around town and open road feel is still comfortable.

Now the engine tuning begins. And sheesh, I even washed it today!

Last edited:

Smokerr

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon GL,2005,Silver
At the sake of being ignronat, the Konis sound like shocks, but what are or is the Autotech RSB(s)?