Windows, sunroof and door locks stopped working

Jim finn

TDI
1998 jetta, 2002 golf
I have a 2002 Golf. The power windows, sunroof, door locks do not work. Unable to open windows via switches or key in the door handle. The remote does not work to lock or unlock the doors. If you use the key in the door handle, it locks all 4 doors but immediately unlocks them. Unable to lock or unlock trunk. The trunk release switch in the door panel does not work. The fuel tank door does open via the door panel switch. This literally happened overnight. All fuses are good. Any suggestions?

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
Jim finn said:
nothin' ?
__. Nope. I've never heard of anything lke this. More typical is some small part of the entire system not working or working really oddly because some microswitch (or occasionally a microprocessor, like the electric window controller) is bad and is sending incorrect signals to the system.

__. With all the items completely failing, I can't believe it's anything but some fuse (VW tacks little blocks of fuses all over everywhere) but you say "all fuses good". Sure beats me ...

Dumanehu

Veteran Member
TDI
2002, White GLI
MINE TOO!!! Just happened AGAIN. However, this has happened to me once before, replaced the blown fuse and now all was good. This morning i went out to the car unlocked it via FOB and than all died. No fuses blown this time.

Any ideas? Any solutions?