scam or legit

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
I have a hard time beleiving that any of those things do any good. There is a lot to be gained through proper intake swirl but how could swirl introduced before the turbo continue well past the turbocharger and intercooler? The port design and swirl areas in the pistons are what VW relies on from the factory and if this thing really worked then I'm sure VW wouldn't have had a problem pitching in the extra 3 cents per car.

Mike_M

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2002 Jetta GLS
sccasper said:
It helps when you search for the answer first.

PLEASE...if you're new to the forums, and have a question, read the FAQ, read TDI 101, and then search for your answer before you post. This, like almost everything else, has been discussed at least a few times.

Oh, and welcome to TDIClub! :)

Mike

kev25v6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat TDI 4Motion
"Upto 35hp increase and will pay for itself in two days" I think every car would have these as standard if it gave that much power just by twirling the air around. I always thought that for best power the air flow needed to be as unrestricted and smooth as possible.

bruzer_boy

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Taken

I had something like it in my Ford Ranger(gas guzzler), except I paid about $100. It just made me use more gas. I got better fuel mileage with it out. It was called the Tornado. Maybe it was called a Tornado cause it wrecked everything?

tampabug

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB Auto
yOU MUST BE KIDDING ME!

Check out a spread in popular machanics tested all the so called gas savers out there. Not one did anything to help except for the person selling it!

Mike_M

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2002 Jetta GLS
bruzer_boy said:
I had something like it in my Ford Ranger(gas guzzler), except I paid about $100. It just made me use more gas. I got better fuel mileage with it out. It was called the Tornado. Maybe it was called a Tornado cause it wrecked everything?
That's the product that all of the links in my response point to. :D