Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI S-Line, 2005.5 Jetta TDI (BRM) 6MT (02Q)
Man, NY always gets boned. Another 15 cents will mean that it will likely be over $4.50/gal. :(

UNsweet

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 TDI Sportwagon
Hess was still $3.849 this morning! Here is hoping I can make it a week this time, I made it 8 days this last fill-up.

bassman5066

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door TDI (sold back for Dieselgate), 91 Golf 4 Door with 1Z swap
Still getting killed here in southeastern PA. I paid $4.15 this morning, but I've seen it as low as $3.99 and as high as $4.60 recently. I wish my CR TDI could run WVO :banghead:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
My wife filled her golf yesterday for $3.69 in Lake Wylie. So up 2 cents overnight.

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
The drop around the Denver area has begun, yesterday I saw D2 for $3.989 and RUG for $3.559 in south west metro Denver again.....

About an hour and a half south east of town, in the Elizabeth area D2 is going for as low as $3.779 and RUG is $3.359

UNsweet

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 TDI Sportwagon
I had to drive to Gainesville today - prices are ALL OVER.

Once I got out of "town" (Leesburg area), $4.05-7 seemed to be the bottom, some of the truck stops on I-75 north of Ocala were at that, some were up at $4.15 still. Loves was $4.06 for cash, $4.07 for credit. Ok then.

Oh and the stations in Wildwood from a few pages back - same price as out of I-75 today.

Diesel in GVille seemed in the same range, while RUG was the normal "20 cents" higher thing - $3.78+.

The RaceTrac, Sunoco and Hess are all still in the $3.84-6 range here.

NickyG751

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI 6-spd
I'm paying around 4.15 at the local Loaf n' Jug (Kroger) in Middle-of-nowhereland with my "Grocery-Fuel Points" program. Most other spots around here are 4.20s-4.35.

I'm using Power Service so i'm not so worried about the quality of the Kroger fuel...unless some well-educated member tells me I should worry.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Cnd $1.249/L ~ US$4.73/G In Castlegar this morning at Chevron and the pump price hasn't MOVED in almost 6 months!

Volks09Wagen

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI, Manual
$4.09USD on average here in Appleton, WI. But if you go to Fleet Farm, buy something inside, then you can get it for $4.05!

soldierguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI S DSG
Just paid $4.159 per gallon in Colorado Springs. I just wanted to see if I see a difference running the Shell diesel in my T-Reg vs running Love's. So far no difference...it sounds the same, although I'll have to wait a couple weeks until I fill up again to confirm whether or not there's a fuel economy difference. Love's is 10 cents per gallon cheaper, and a lot more convenient to where I live and work.

SuperAdellic

Veteran Member
TDI
None
crazy how diesel is so much more nowadays. SMH.
True that. I remember paying 59 cents/gallon for RUG in 1997 and I remember when D2 was $5.049/G here in CPR in 2008. I'm just grateful that fuel efficient vehicles like the TDI and hybrids are available.

K-nuts

TDI
2013 JSW TDI
i wonder when diesel will get to the point where it's just too much more expensive to drive. you guys ever think it could get to that point?

soldierguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI S DSG
i wonder when diesel will get to the point where it's just too much more expensive to drive. you guys ever think it could get to that point?
People will figure out a way to drive or what to drive, no matter what. The price of fuel doesn't change the fact that people need to go places. I remember living in Seoul a few years ago, and fuel prices were well over $7 per gallon, depending on the type of fuel. Roads were still packed with cars.

We've already seen in the states that when gas prices go up, sales of big trucks go down, and sales of efficient cars go up. The thing is, when prices drop, people start buying big, inefficient vehicles again. Buying big and inefficient vehicles makes people more vulnerable to fluctuations in fuel prices.

SuperAdellic

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I remember living in Seoul a few years ago, and fuel prices were well over $7 per gallon, depending on the type of fuel. Roads were still packed with cars.
How was Korea? I tried getting orders to Mujuk (I think that's how it's spelled). Got denied because of EFMP. I spent a lot of time in Japan and the fuel prices could range up to $10/G. Mostly four cylinders or diesels there. I loved the diesel 4Runner I drove there. My next vehicle will probably be a Tacoma with a diesel swapped in.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
With the cars I own, my diesels get between 30 and 50% better mileage. Diesel here in North Carolina typically runs about 10% higher than rug. For the last few months, it's been about 5% higher across the river in South Carolina. As long as the spread remains there, I will keep driving my diesels.

soldierguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI S DSG
How was Korea? I tried getting orders to Mujuk (I think that's how it's spelled). Got denied because of EFMP. I spent a lot of time in Japan and the fuel prices could range up to $10/G. Mostly four cylinders or diesels there. I loved the diesel 4Runner I drove there. My next vehicle will probably be a Tacoma with a diesel swapped in.
I loved Korea, and would go back in a heartbeat. Not as clean as Japan, but the food is great, public transportation is fantastic and cheap, and the people are genuinely warm and friendly about 20 seconds beyond the hard exterior most seem to present.

GAZNRN

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
Gas seems to jump up & down almost daily. Diesel has been stuck at 3.99 & gas is .50 cheaper. Being new to diesel is $4 a gallon pretty much it?