Separate fourm for euro-engines

Diesel-Bear

Veteran Member
As Many now knows evolution has brought many sweet new engines to euro-land. The PD-engines are strictly non-American, and their numbers are growing -fast!

I would like to get a separate forum for us euro-owners, Partly so that we don't annoy the good citizens of North America with these potent engines, but mainly because it takes a lot of time to hunt down advice applicable to my 115 Hp DP-engine (and new Passats as well).

I Have not seen any other forums with as much knowledge and factual input as Fred's. Therefore: Please do not suggest we take our business (and forum) across the pond. I (for one) do *not* want to have an other (and competing) forum out there. I want to keep it simple, easy accessibly, and close to the engine wizards of Freds.

In conclusion: I realy don't want to sound begging, but please, please, please PLEAAAASEEE give us that forum-section. It will make my days (or more specific nights) easier

------------------
Y2K Passat, Original 115 Hp and 285 Kw

S

SkyPup

I totally agree wholeheartedly, that would be awesome. I especially enjoy reading what is happening on the Euro TDI scene, much more informative than what is going on over here.

I vote YES!

PWM

Veteran Member
YES !!!

I think this forum should be global one..
.. So at least own section for non-US ..
(Or should the US-guys have own section and
the other parts of forum would be common for all ?!
)

S

SkyPup

I hope that "some" of this new state of the art European TDI Forum discussions language is in English so I can understand some of it, don't want to miss out on the real TDI world across the pond where all the action is.

Diesel-Bear

Veteran Member
THANKYOU

I'll be looking forward to seeing more on this when I, a week from now, return from the Alpine slopes.

And regarding the lingo: English (UK or US) must be the natural choice. Europe is a "Tower of Babel" already as it is.

Personally I think the moderator should root out any non-English postings, except for direct quotes or greetings.

To Mitja: Thank you for the nomination, but I must respectfully decline the honor. I'm still prety green to these forums. I'm here to learn.

Anyway I think I will be dropping out of sight during summer, as summer is Bike-time
... But hey, Who knows? with a summer as the one last year, Fred's could become an all year experience

------------------
Y2K Passat, Original 115 Hp with Piper-X

Mitja

Veteran Member
Sure. Passat 115 says yes.

If a suitable moderator is available (I guess Diesel Bear stands out).

Language is english, what else.

I already post the first question:
there is a guy here, who wants to sell me ETKA (Elektronische TeilenKatalog - the exploded views of vehicles, including all parts and prices) version 2000, for too much I can pay (as I just need it once and then).

Does anyone have it, can make a copy of?

GANZGUT

Veteran Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Diesel-Bear:
I would like to get a separate forum for us euro-owners, Partly so that we don't annoy the good citizens of North America with these potent engines, but mainly because it takes a lot of time to hunt down advice applicable to my 115 Hp DP-engine (and new Passats as well).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I quite agree that the converse is true as well. Many of us North American TDI drivers have to wade through many posts that are not applicable to the cars we have on this side of the world. I don't mind the posts, it's just that it takes time away from finding pertinent information.

That said, there are those crossover areas where input from both sides of the pond is helpful. I remember Christi (Passat owner in the UK) informing me that a much cheaper version of a B4 Passat TDI repair manual was available in Europe with the Euro/US cars being remarkably similar, which they are. This sort of conversation/information exchange I would like to see continued.

Just my 2 Kronen worth, Diesel-Bear!

-Jim

Diesel-Bear

Veteran Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SkyPup:
Diesel-Bear, hold on tight, the EuroTDI page is currently under construction and will see the light of day in the near future.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tanks to all who have helped getting this on the road! TdiClub Rules!

BlueBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2000, Bright Blue & Yellow, Things & Wings rolling advertisement
Just another North American who would like to see a seperate European TDI engine section. It would be nice to see what we may be looking forward to in 2006 when we get non third world diesel.

-Tim