Added another ALH to the family

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Wife's son just picked this up this 2003 Golf. BC car with about 243kms on it. PO had it for 12 years. Claimed to have larger nozzles and an upgraded clutch: the PO had a mechanic friend doing the work, in which case the PO isn't quite certain what the exact parts are- do know that they got stuff from Bora Parts (hoping that the clutch was from them, which would be a DC clutch like I have in my car). GTI seats? Pretty sharp! TB, suspension (TT bushings even) and TB done within the last 43kms. From what I know this car needs nothing. Paid top dollar ($5,500 CDN) for it though.

The son test drove it and claims that it seems to have more power than my car! If so then it HAS to indeed have an upgraded clutch. I've got a Malone 2 tune in both my cars and this car wasn't noted to have a tune (or a larger turbo). Will put it under the microscope when it comes down for a visit.

The son also said that it's even cleaner in person.

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Nice looking Golf. My son has a silver one. If you have the seller's name Aaron could look up his order history and tell you for sure what nozzles and clutch are in the car.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm not sure if the parts were ordered under the seller's name or under the mechanic's name. I suppose I could just give Aaron the seller's name and see what pops up.

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Very nice! I like silver, and I like Golfs;)

Looks to be super clean, especially under the hood. I like that. Interior too.

I know it likely needs nothing, but I think one thing I'd want to check when you have a chance is those sunroof drains, just because.:D:)

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
Very nice find love Golfs and silver looks good. Congratulations.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
OK, another shot at including pictures rather than thumbnails (the photo stuff on this site, well...):

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
GTI seats?
Oh, I meant to comment on this. They're the exact same seats in my plain Jane '03 Golf, so not GTI. However, I don't see them very often (I've been looking for another driver's seat). I swear I've looked at a 100+ of these cars being parted out and at junk yards, and I only came across one other car with these seats, and it was a 2006 Mk4 Golf that was being sold for parts. Unfortunately the seats were much worse than mine, so that was the end of that.:D

Last edited:

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah, dealing with "odd-ball" seats in my car, I'm wanting to find the same seats (beige cloth - 2000 pattern) WITH heaters. I cannot! Anything that would be close comes attached to an entire car and are ratty (mine are, as is the entire interior of my car, pristine). Beige is kind of tough, though there seems to be a lot more specimens in leather: trying to avoid leather -cold in winter and hot in summer, though I wouldn't mind the door cards being leather (escape from sagging cloth!).

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Managed to squeeze out some records from the PO. The clutch isn't the DC like I'd hoped for, but at least it's a nice clutch- Luk 17-050. This will limit the mods on this car.

From the bag of spare stuff that got dropped off (I'm also a warehouse:D) were the original nozzles (.206s). So, it's likely the story holds up that the nozzles are upgrades as the PO stated. But, still don't know what went in there.

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
Even the headlamp lenses are clear. Most of them in that kind of condition are not for sale! More importantly, if the PO was that careful, he probably took care of the drive train properly. Really Nice find.

Last edited:

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Very nice find indeed. The headliner looks in tact; mine is showing it's age.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Even the headlamp lenses are clear. Most of them in that kind of condition are not for sale! More importantly, if the PO was that careful, he probably took care of the drive train properly. Really Nice find.
Yes, very rare for a car in this condition to come up for sale: and from the original owner! Usually something like this gets snapped up even before a person looks to advertise it: that's how I recently acquire my blue Golf. Not sure how long this one was listed by the time I spotted it: probably not for very long as I regularly am browsing for what's out there. The market up in the Vancouver area is weird; pricing on TDIs tends to jump around and, generally, be all over the place. This car needed/needs nothing (and I'm now pretty aware of the issues with these cars).