Disable Alarm via VCDS?

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
So it looks like my microswitch has gone flaky and whenever I open the driver's side door, the alarm goes off. I plan on fixing the latch/microswitch, but in the meantime, does anyone know if the alarm system can be disabled via VCDS? Perhaps there is a magic fuse I can pull? :D

TIA

-Lex

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Wow, I should have done a search first. Not possible with VCDS.

Does anyone know how to disconnect the horn, then? :)

vanagonturbo

Veteran Member
TDI
Had- 00 Golf-lots of stuff done. current- Scirocco GTD
Disconnecting the horn involves fixing the door latch.. :p Plus there is that whole pesky part about your flashers flashing while the alarm is going off and the other less pesky part about you not being able to start the car..

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The symptoms are almost too complicated to explain, but rest assured that once I open the door, the alarm horn goes off AND I am able to turn it off with the remote. The only annoyance is that my alarm blasts off for a couple seconds between opening the door and hitting the remote.

I have heard tales of being able to disconnect the alarm horn under the window cowl.

vanagonturbo

Veteran Member
TDI
Had- 00 Golf-lots of stuff done. current- Scirocco GTD
You can do that. Its near the wiper motor. You will need to take the wiper arms off (do make sure that you put them back on in the same place) and remove the plastic raintray cover. I would recommend cleaning the groove at the bottom of the windshield for the cover before you reinstall it. Makes for a better fit.

If you have Vag Com, it will tell you exactly what the fault is relating to your symptom.

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Outstanding. Thank you! I assume you scan the convenience module?