Mulit-code error and failing emissions...

Doughboyea

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI GLS
This is somewhat of a continuation from this thread: Can start in gear, unable to change gears.

After spending cash and time getting my newly acquired '03 Jetta TDI back on the road, the next thing that was tackled was the check engine light. I drove the TDI to Autozone, got the free test and found six codes!

P0102 MAF Sensor Circuit Low Input
P0671 Cylinder 1 Glow Plug Circuit
P0672 Cylinder 2 Glow Plug Circuit
P0673 Cylinder 3 Glow Plug Circuit
P0674 Cylinder 4 Glow Plug Circuit
P0128 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor

The TDI came with a new glow plug harness from IDParts.com. Installed it and no change, engine light still on. Ordered and installed a new MAF sensor assembly, disconnected the battery, waiting 15 minutes, reconnected and turned her on. Nope, engine check light still there, turning on after roughly 30 seconds. I thought perhaps there was something else being activated, took it back to Autozone, scanned it again, the same six codes popped up.

While waiting for the MAF sensor to arrive, I was forced to have the TDI go through emissions ($20 fee for CT). I knew it would fail, but CT gives one free retest after the initial test. The mechanic running the diagnostic came back and said that the TDI failed... it's third test. F-ing prior owner didn't bother mentioning that he ran it through emissions twice prior...regardless, I now have less than 60 days to pass and I am at wits end. I don't know what else to do.

Any suggestions as to why those six codes keep popping up? Could it be the wiring harness for the MAF? Was told that if the MAF is failing, it would trigger a code for itself, the glow plug harness and coolant temp.

Doughboyea

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI GLS
Look for an issue with a power supply or ground that is common to these circuits. Inspect the harness and connectors.
Annoyingly long story... short: The MAF sensor was shot. Replaced it and all is hunky dory. Need to re-visit the emissions center for the $20 retest, but it should pass now... fingers crossed!