Fuel Filter Change '03 Jetta

GearJammer

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI GLS
Fuel Filter Change \'03 Jetta

Has anyone ever had the problem of trying to find the proper fuel filter from their local parts store? I've gone to Auto Zone and other retailers, where the part number listed in the computer for the diesel engine is the same for the gas engine, e.g "FF777", when the part listed in the manual at the store is FF778. First, I don't know what the difference is between the two, and second, I don't want to figure out the difference once I have the filter out of my car. The dealership lists these things for about US$55, parts stores for about US$27.

Any suggestions?

TimboTA

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon

I once bought the FF777 from AutoZone for my 2003. Opened up the box...that's not it! It was a regular inline fuel filter. I went to the dealer and got hosed. Try Impex for parts (if you can get the site to work correctly for you!)

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI

I got the right filter from the local Napa store. I also got a couple of Wix oil filters, and everything came with the correct O-rings as well.

monkeyworx

TDI
Jetta, 1999

I just went to Advanced Auto Parts last night, they have them in stock and it was only $25 and change, made a difference too.