Lease Ending on Touareg TDI,do I buy?~!

mike2937

TDI
Tourag
Forgive me folks,new to this.
In 10 days I must return or buy this car,the big Q is will I be part of the class,or will I get stuck?
I'm hoping to choose either when I see their offer.

Thank you in advance !

Mike

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Forgive me folks,new to this.
In 10 days I must return or buy this car,the big Q is will I be part of the class,or will I get stuck?
I'm hoping to choose either when I see their offer.
Thank you in advance !
Mike
Someone called VW on this a bit ago and found out that they'd be out of the settlement. But you should confirm that because I don't remember the specific details.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
No recommendations as to what you should buy, but lessees of the 2.0 diesels who bought out their leased vehicle after Jun 28 are stilled considered to be lessees and only can receive a fix and some restitution dollars. And of course the 2.0 liter settlement is not yet final. How will 3.0s be handled? Who knows?

Last edited:

grawk

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 JSW TDI (used)
don't do anything anticipating a settlement. Buy it if you want it for the price you can buy it for.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Someone called VW on this a bit ago and found out that they'd be out of the settlement. But you should confirm that because I don't remember the specific details.
Since there isn't a 3.0 settlement, I don't think they could be out of it. And since the 2.0 cutoff date was related to the actual date in court...

MrSprdSheet

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW TDI
I'd get comps, or Manheim auction quotes if you can. Dealer offers have been poor, and selling a V6 TDI isn't the place of envy, right now. Sad, but you might do best to give up your car and buy another with cash.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
When you entered into your lease, and got an option to buy at a predetermined price, that was at a time when the vehicle was not under a cloud of regulatory non compliance. (Maybe also not under a NOx cloud either). However, circumstances have changed. I would only buy if the buyout price were adjusted. Downward.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
If you like the Touareg and enjoy driving it and also like the price buy it without consideration of the probable 3.0L TDI settlement.

I just bought an Audi suv with 3.0 liter TDI because I like the performance and economy of the TDI and the feel and handling characteristics of German cars.

I may be offered some free money by VW at a future date but that was not a consideration.

rac

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
If it were me, I'd turn it in and walk away because I think the TDI will become an orphaned vehicle. But if that prospect doesn't bother you and you really like the car, then buy it right.