Solutions for 7 pin ALH glow plug relay socket?

srvblues00

Veteran Member
TDI
90 ALH 4Rrunner & 99 2500 Cummins TD
I am working on an ALH swap into a 1990 4Runner... At the moment, I'm trying to get the wiring harness all sorted out. I'm making good progress overall, but the one thing I keep getting hung up on is the 7 pin glow plug relay socket. Engine is a 99; has the 2 wire GP setup. It looks like I might just have to use spade connectors and make my own socket. I do not have the donor car's thirteenfold relay panel. Any ideas?

-Brantley
http://tdi4runner.blogspot.com

srvblues00

Veteran Member
TDI
90 ALH 4Rrunner & 99 2500 Cummins TD
I think there may be another relay base you could use ....I'll need to check my parts cars and see if there is an alternative
Thanks.. any info or leads at this point will be better than what I have right now.

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
I assume you have some other bases to play with? The relay bases for most relays are the same. You just need a pin tool to remove the pins and move them around to come up with the new arrangement. Worse case scenario, go to the Volkswagen dealer and get the base and pins - not all that expensive.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I know you can get relay bases that clip into the little relay / fuse holder on the manual trans cars. You could probably do a nice install with the 109 and glow relay in that box.

-J

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
I know you can get relay bases that clip into the little relay / fuse holder on the manual trans cars. You could probably do a nice install with the 109 and glow relay in that box.

-J
Yes!!..this is what I just did on my tacoma when I rewired it a few weeks ago, my buddy Tom (amosdoodle) gave me the idea....works awesome and I'm using it for relay 109 and the GP relay along with the four necessary fuses for a swap :)