• Docs were rejected, had to resubmit.

Votes: 34 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
For all of the forum members that have submitted their documents for buyback, I am trying to get a sense of what fraction have had their documents accepted, and what fraction are still waiting.

So for those that have submitted documents for buyback, have all of them been accepted, or are you still waiting?

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Mine were scanned with a Canon flat bed scanner and submitted as pdfs. They were very legible and all were accepted first try.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
There's at least one missing poll choice--docs on at least one, but less than all, cars have been accepted.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
There's at least one missing poll choice--docs on at least one, but less than all, cars have been accepted.
It is hard to capture all of the different possibilities, and I wouldn't know quite how to word that to get meaningful information.

I was mainly trying to get a sense of what fraction of the paperwork backlog they have worked through. Is it half? More? Less? It was hard to tell just by reading the forums alone.

I figure once the Judge signs off on things next week, there will be a flood of other people submitting their paperwork.

zoomydu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Mine are all still under review. I think I submitted them just a few days after it became possible to do so.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Mailed 09/24

Certified Mail/Return Receipt 9/28

"Still waiting for your documents"

ez

jimi179

TDI
1978 rabbit diesel, 2012 tdi golf buyback 12/29 done
faxed them in the first day,,over a month ago..claims site says they're still waiting for my fax,called, she said they will be entered when the judge signs off on this,I should get an email within 20 days after

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
<snip>
I figure once the Judge signs off on things next week, there will be a flood of other people submitting their paperwork.
There is no way to judge this exactly. We fall into the category of people who are waiting until the end of the buyback period in late 2018, and driving our nice depreciation-proofed cars until then. No way to tell how big this group is without, maybe, another poll......

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I'm still waiting. I called late last week and the claims lady I spoke with said that my account isn't flagged as having an issue (i.e. Uploaded documents)...they just haven't gotten to mine yet. I suspect that's the case for most that haven't received an email yet.

jen_madcity

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL
Uploaded 9/16
Acceptance email 10/17
Single owner, no lien
Wisconsin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LagoonBlueTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6sp
Rejected. Title says Lien.

Car paid off, saved letter from VW Credit saying so.

We recently moved to another state, and old title says "Lien". VW wants title that does not say "Lien".

Waiting on DMV for new title....................

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Uploaded 9/18
VW Responds saying 1 out of 4 forms rejected 10/12
Corrected my form and updated the same day 10/12
Today is 10/24, I even called the VW Claims. Its just a dog chasing a tail. The longer this takes and the more frustrating this is going to be, then VW just lost another customer using the buyback money for another VW. VW continues to drag their feet. Do your research, take the buyback money to a Subaru Dealership!

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
I had to submit an additional form they requested, so I imagine I got put back to the end of the list.

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW JETTA TDI, BLACK EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR AND 6SPD MANUAL
I sent mine Sept 30th, and still haven't heard back yet.

TDILeo

Veteran Member
TDI
CW 2011 Golf TDI 6M Repurchased By VW 1/30/17 1985 VW GTI
Well, I haven't received any further communication from the online claim form website but on October 7th I received an email from my designated buyback dealership reminding me to utilize my Goodwill cards and that VWOA will be contacting me after the 1st of November regarding appointment times for the buyback. I submitted all of my info back in late September. I'm in the queue.

DUBPL8

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 CW Golf TDi, '92 Honda Civic VX (wrecked), '96 Honda Civic CX hatchback (non-TDI)
Just submitted mine a minute ago, we'll see how long before my documents are accepted.

phxcliff

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE (Turned in 1/25)
Submitted 9/22.
Accepted 10/21.
Waiting for eligibility verification:

"We have reviewed all of your documents. Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days."

stakeman

TDI
13 Passat TDI
Submitted mine about a month ago. Just got an E-Mail from them and had to resubmit my DL.. They said it was not readable or something along those lines, so I made an enlarged copy and rescanned them and sent them via PDF. The other 2 doc's were approved. I'm really hoping this doesn't put me back at the end of the line.