2014 Passat TDI SE interior lights?

Bgriego

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE
I brought my new Passat home exactly one week ago and couldn't be happier. I haven't owned a Volksie for about 15 years ('66 type III fastback). Anyway, I noticed when opening the door in a pitch dark setting that only the lights in the very back under the rear seat turn on when opening the door; no front (map) lights illuminate. I know I'm being kind of picky but does anyone know if thats normal or of a setting to change this? I've tried everything. Yes, I've searched through the manual. I just want to make sure I don't have a warranty issue. I could swear they all came on for the first couple of days.
Thanks!

PassatSE4me

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6MT
You haven't accidentally tripped the interior lighting switch have you? On the overhead console? If it's not flush it's activated one way or the other.

Bgriego

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE
That's the first thing I checked. It's set on "door" but still only the rear lights come on when I open the door. Actually, even in the "on" position only the rear lights come on.

PassatSE4me

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6MT
Check the fuse. If that's good I would think you have a bad relay/wire situation. I suppose all the lights could be burned out but that seems unlikely.

Bgriego

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE
Fuses are good. Went to the dealership to verify that the others on the lot light up the front reading lights when the door is opened. They do. I have my first scheduled checkup in a couple weeks so I will have them address it then. Sort of disappointing for a brand new car but overall, I'm very pleased with this car. Actually, I love it!

PassatSE4me

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6MT
I'm liking mine as well. :)

I actually have the interior lights switched off all the time. They only come on when necessary. In the daytime it's a waste of electricity and at night I don't like being lit up for everyone to see.