Turbo Sourcing

TDI
05 Jetta TDI
Check out this thread for more information. A bit of a sister thread; http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=503147
Due to a failed flex pipe on my downpipe and my turbo which might be passing oil, it's time to upgrade.
I'll likely be getting a downpipe from buzzken. My problem is choice paralysis when it comes to the turbo. About 2 weeks of searching has left me more knowledgeable in general but without any clear choices.
As I mention in the above thread, the gtb2056vl sounds pretty great but I'm not sure about making a custom actuator mounting point. I'm also very concerned about import and exchange costs.
Are we aware of any Canadian suppliers/tuning shops which could help me? Are there any plug and play options I'm missing? I wouldn't really like a vnt17 when much more modern options are available but ease of install is a factor. I'm just a lowly amateur mechanic.
Thanks for any help. I need to get this done before I exceed my doctors recommended allowance of carbon monoxide I'm getting through my HVAC system!

ErackTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 jetta. 13 jetta, 04 jetta
hey i see your looking for turbo options
i currently am running at 2056v on my bew and have made a id parts downpipe work with it.
the actuator bracket was nothing to crazy to make (im using the original electronic actuator on y setup)
as for suppliers
you could check out
www.mecevo.com they are out of quebec and I've been very happing with everything I've gotten from them and their customer service i found was excellent.
or theres also
Diesel DNA Tuning Out of BC somewhere that appears to be a Darkside "dealer" if u want to call it that.
i have so experience with them tho just heard online about them.
if u have any questions about my setup or anything else id be happy to help as best i can.
u can pm me here with your contact info and we can chat.

TDI
05 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the link. They've got some pretty cool parts there. Do you find the 2056 to be slower to spool than stock? I'd imagine so. I don't plan on adding much fuel at all. Maybe maximum, get some pd150 injectors in. I have to read about them. I'm concerned them negative affect emissions and economy.

Diesel dna has quoted me a pretty good price for a GTB1756VK so far. That one seems to be a pretty good compromise between spool and ultimate flow. I wonder if it might be a bit large, still. I'd like a no-smoke tune. Maybe I can maintain 6-7L/100km at wot Hahaha j/k

ErackTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 jetta. 13 jetta, 04 jetta
Spool is fine imo
Full boost by 2300 27psi
I still get that kinda mileage

TDI
05 Jetta TDI
I doubt I can use enough fuel to justify the 2056. I think we'd consider the GTB1756VK the faster spooling option for a mild tune. Although, I don't actually know much about the details of turbo sizing. I admit I could be wrong

WrEkkED

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 TDI Sport
I think you would happy with a 1756vk. Depends what power your looking for. That setup would get you in the 200hp range (with the aforementioned pd150 injectors) and stock like spool. I can't speak to the gtbs welded to stock manifolds for plug and play, but with the tubular manifold ($$) EMPs and EGTs are kept nice and low. Don't bother with a vnt17. If you want to retain the stock manifold and/or egr etc the 17/56 hybrid, while not as good as the gtbs, it's still a good choice.

TDI
05 Jetta TDI
I've started looking at a GTD1752VRK from GotTuned in Poland. Has anybody ever ordered from them? The price is good but I'm seriously worried about getting hammered by import taxes at the Canadian border!

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I've started looking at a GTD1752VRK from GotTuned in Poland. Has anybody ever ordered from them? The price is good but I'm seriously worried about getting hammered by import taxes at the Canadian border!
You are looking at a great turbo, and you are not going to regret it, I installed a gtd1756vrk in my jetta alh and it is a beauty how it spools, Gotunned are great guys and they will deliver great turbo for you, don't look back at the turbos from the past, they got Christopher Columbus technology, I strongly recommend Gotuned turbos you got a lot of selections there, just pick a ball bearing spools night and day compared to the journal bearing turbos.

TDI
05 Jetta TDI
Any idea how the turbo inlet pipe could be modified to work with a GTD1752VRK? I haven't come across any info yet. Exhaust seems straightforward, weld the pipe on.

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI w/alh auto
I would contact Diesel DNA Tuning they are both darkside and got tuned dealers and they did a fantastic job on my 2012 golf Tdi I the DPF Delete and Tuning package and added 316 stainless cat-back exhaust with dual tips I love it! And if they don’t have what you want or they think you can get it cheaper elsewhere they will tell you. My next step is heading for 350whp and 700wtq find them at tditunes.com they respond instantly

Last edited:
TDI
B7 Passat 2012
I would contact Diesel DNA Tuning they are both darkside and got tuned dealers and they did a fantastic job on my 2012 golf Tdi I the DPF Delete and Tuning package and added 316 stainless cat-back exhaust with dual tips I love it! And if they don’t have what you want or they think you can get it cheaper elsewhere they will tell you. My next step is heading for 350whp and 700wtq find them at tditunes.com they respond instantly
Hey I'm looking at diesel DNA tuning for my 2012 TDI Passat and I'm just curious about their reliability/customer support and service/claimed power numbers, what did you get with your golf? I'm looking at the dpf and egr delete kit with the tune and loader

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI w/alh auto
hey i see your looking for turbo options
i currently am running at 2056v on my bew and have made a id parts downpipe work with it.
the actuator bracket was nothing to crazy to make (im using the original electronic actuator on y setup)
as for suppliers
you could check out
www.mecevo.com they are out of quebec and I've been very happing with everything I've gotten from them and their customer service i found was excellent.
or theres also
Diesel DNA Tuning Out of BC somewhere that appears to be a Darkside "dealer" if u want to call it that.
i have so experience with them tho just heard online about them.
if u have any questions about my setup or anything else id be happy to help as best i can.
u can pm me here with your contact info and we can chat.