Warning lights/loss of power.

ddierks

TDI
2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Hi guys, I’m new to this so don’t tear me apart to bad. Having a problem, and it’s been tricky for me to figure out. From what I’ve seen, there’s some pretty smart people on here so I figured I’d give it a shot!

I bought my 2012 TDI Jetta August of last year, and up til now it has ran perfectly. It’s got 75k on it.

I’ve been doing a 225 mile drive (450 round trip) each weekend for the past two months and the last two trips I’ve been having some lights come on the gauge cluster. Leading up to this issue, it seemed to be getting harder to start on occasion, typically the longer the car sits, the harder it is to start (the worst was a 3 second hard start after the car had sat for 2 days). However, not sure if the hard starting and gauge light problems are related.

The lights have only come on for me during high way driving, and typically are off when I restart the car, or go off by themselves. The lights that come on are my power steering, airbag, ABS, traction control, and tire pressure. The first time the lights ever came on, it did seem like the car lost power. However, when I turned it off and restarted, it ran just fine.

I’ve recently changed the oil, fuel filter, did a fuel flush. I would’ve plugged it in to get the code from it, but every time it happens I’m on the highway and all the service shops in the area have been closed.

I’ve brought it to VW directly to be serviced each time since I’ve owned the car and once since this issue has started, but they say they can’t do anything til they get the codes. Just seeing if anyone else has dealt with the problem and has any advice! Thanks!