New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

06Jetta-Lane

TDI
'14 Passat TDI
New here in Memphis, TN! Just bought a 2006 Jetta TDI. Everything is stock minus the Kerma Q-loader tuner that's on the way! Not trying to go insane on the mods, just a few things to add to the fun factor: exhaust, downpipe, cam, turbo.

ss_mini14

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I'm not exactly new, been coming here for a few years for repair info. Anyway, I picked up a 2011 sportwagen DSG a couple weeks ago. Nice little car in blue. Not a CPO but it only has 59,000 miles.

intel232

TDI
2011 jetta
Just bought 2011 tdi never had a diesel car or turck any suggestions on the p2457 code 40 miles out the mom and pop dealership engine light came on no heat either autozone recomendation change heater core will this effect anything else on the car if i dont change it out quick casue was looking into it and has to do with the cooling system?

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Just bought 2011 tdi never had a diesel car or turck any suggestions on the p2457 code 40 miles out the mom and pop dealership engine light came on no heat either autozone recomendation change heater core will this effect anything else on the car if i dont change it out quick casue was looking into it and has to do with the cooling system?

Was the car warm and no heater worked? These diesels take forever to warm up because they run rather cool in general. It can take a while to get heat in the cabin with them. That is from what I can see the only downside so far with diesel cars. I got mike in January! Welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tangocharlie

TDI
2015 Jetta SE 6SP

New member here. I purchased my TDI as a certified car in July 2018 with 41,000 miles. It is the first diesel I have owned and fourth Volkswagen. I moved up from a 2008 Rabbit 2.5 due to much improved fuel economy for my once per week commute. I've put 12,000 miles on it since purchasing.
Best fuel economy to date is 51.4mpg. It's good to have this resource to learn more about these amazing cars and share in keeping them on the road.
2015 Jetta SE TDI Manual Transmission

Memran

TDI
Seat Altea XL 1.6tdi
Hello everyone!

I'm new here, and currently driving a 2012 Seat Altea XL, which I love!

PlatinumGreyMk6

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen SEL
Hi, all. My name is Andrew and I just purchased a 2012 wagon w/ pano roof and navi (although I haven't used this yet...and probably won't b/c of smartphones...).

Looking forward to learning more about the TDI. It is my first diesel, so I need as much help as I can get. I am loving the 42 mpg though! Helps out with my 40 mile (1 way) commute!

tacomafitch

TDI
2013 Golf
Newbie Here

Hello All

I am in the process of buying a 2013 Golf with 22K miles. I have always had a spot in my heart for VW's. My first 2 cars were original Beetles. looking forward to connecting with people and furthering my knowledge

Pmfj

TDI
2011 Jetta wagon
I'm not exactly new, been coming here for a few years for repair info. Anyway, I picked up a 2011 sportwagen DSG a couple weeks ago. Nice little car in blue. Not a CPO but it only has 59,000 miles.

What’s “CPO”? I just got a 2011 SportWagen DSG 62000 miles. This is my first VW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Metalhead82

TDI
2003 jetta
greetings

hey guys! im new here. I have a 2003 Jetta with the ALH motor. 345k on the ODO. bought it about a year an a half ago for 2000ish. really excited to see how long I can keep her rolling. most miles on a tank so far was 821! thanks for having me

'lectricjeff

TDI
2003 Jetta Sedan 5 Speed
Hi all,

My name is Jeff and I am from Exton, PA. I just recently bought a 2003 Jetta TDI and look forward to spending time on this site to learn about it!

attaboykent

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen 2.0 TDI
First post, first TDI

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself. Just bought my first TDI yesterday (3rd VW tho). Picked myself up a 2014 JSW. There’s a lot of info on these threads and it’s a bit overwhelming, but I’m looking forward to combing through it and getting the full value of my new ride. Thanks for creating this space!

Christ-is-Lord1995

TDI
2004 TDI passat
2004 TDI passat interior swap

Hello my name is david, I live in New Hampshire and I am looking to swap my interior from blend gray vinyl without any wood grain at all to the highest trim interior black leather, And I am wondering if there has been anybody else that has done an interior swap, I will be buying a parts car that has a blown engine but mint interior that has electric seats with wood grain. I am planning to swap nearly everything and possibly the headliner if it’s better condition.

ThatDogEyes

TDI
2015 Passat TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL

I've heard a lot of conflicting information about this vehicle and Volkswagen as a brand. what are your guys pros and cons? Do you reccomend purchasing this vehicle in america?

Rookie19

TDI
2001 Jetta
Newbie, Rookie19

Good evening everyone. I just acquired a 2001 GL Jetta with 184000 miles. I've been a diesel mechanic/welder for 40 plus years on over the road trucks. This rig is all new to me, hoping I can get a better idea of this car and help with what I can't figure out. Thank you for allowing me on this forum and thanks in advance for any help.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Good evening everyone. I just acquired a 2001 GL Jetta with 184000 miles. I've been a diesel mechanic/welder for 40 plus years on over the road trucks. This rig is all new to me, hoping I can get a better idea of this car and help with what I can't figure out. Thank you for allowing me on this forum and thanks in advance for any help.
The ALH engine in your Jetta is pretty simple; I think you'll have a lot of fun with it. And maybe you'll come up with new solutions to our various problems.

StudentDriver

TDI
2015 Jetta
high beam headlights

I just picked up a 2015 Jetta SEL. I was shocked and disappointed in the performance of the high beams. Low beams seem acceptable. The brights seem to project out far enough, but there seems to be a "dead spot" nearer to the car. Anyone else experience this? I will have the dealer check the aim when I go back in this week to have a botched window tint redone. I am otherwise enjoying the car. It has 24 thousand miles and I gave 14 for it. I think it was a good deal.

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Not exactly a new guy, but I haven’t been around for a good long time. Seriously, my last sign in was in 15 lol. Glad to see this place still around and still active! There still seem to be some familiar faces too. I’ll have to try to get back here a bit more frequently, maybe it will inspire me to tinker with mine again.

kidflyr

"Behind the Redwood Curtain" Boulder Creek, CA
TDI
2003 Golf ALH
Hi all,
New member on the Central California coast.
I recently picked up a 2003 22x,xxx miles well loved by the previous owner. Golf ALH/5 speed as my second MKIV chassis, This is my first diesel and first turbocharged vehicle without a hydrant connection. A suspension refresh and miscellaneous maintenance are in progress as I can get to the tasks I have identified. The forum has been a great help to me, and I hope to contribute where and how I can.

Wiegand88n

TDI
2011 LD7X Jetta TDI
New TDI driver

My name is john, im in the St.Louis metropolitan area. I recently bought a 2011 VW Jetta TDI. I have had previously 97 Acura CL(3.2L) 99 Infiniti G20(SR20DE), 88 ford ranger, 02 honda civic, 96 Nissan Pathfinder(3.3L). I do know basic and i do mean basic mechanic skills. I am new to the diesel powered vehicles, any advice to help me with diesel issues would be greatly appreciated. C ya around on the forum.

SteveFrench

TDI
1991 Jetta 488,xxx 1997 Passat TDI 220,0000
New owner of a 91 Jetta tdi 5speed 488,xxx Miles

Hello my name is Riley. I am new to the forum and to diesels. I was a Honda tech for five years, but I don't know anything about diesels. I bought a beat to hell mk2 for $800. I'm excited about trying diesel and the fuel economy. The car runs great and is solid. I was told it was rebuilt at 400. It was however purchased from a 19 year old who loves construction screws. The harness is so hacked together I'm going to have to rewire the whole thing, before it burns down. Anyway thanks in advance for any help I might receive in the future.

TheMattMan2751

TDI
2013 VW Jetta SW TDI
Hello all, I'm Matt, I just got my first TDI last week. Managed to get a steal on a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen for $9275 (before the rest of the fees). I was pretty fixated on getting a Jetta TDI for a while, but only after seeing the SW did I know exactly what I wanted. Overall, I'm finding diesel to be pretty interesting, from the lower RPMs to the different engine sound (which I quite like). I used to have a '97 Jeep Wrangler, which went through quite a bit of gas, and had a pretty short range of about 120 miles. Given how long diesel engines are said to last, and how satisfied I am with this car, I can tell I'm going to have this Jetta for a long time, and definitely take it on some road trips.