RYAN P's 6 speed 02M Conversions and ALL Euro TDI Parts

CjGallwoay

TDI
97 Passat
I was finally able to get a hold of a VAG-COM and easily got it solved after scanning it. it was just a simple ground that i forgot to connect.

Next question, when i went to reprogram the ECU i was following the directions that are in the How to Ryan was in the post about his kit, and it says to recode the software coding from 0001 to 0002. the coding that is in my car is 00033. any body seen this before? is it okay to just leave it as it is?

Thanks,
Cody

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Hi Cody,

Sounds like you need to code to 0002 and all will be well, its easy to undo if not!

CjGallwoay

TDI
97 Passat
Awesome, thanks! i just needed some reassurance before i went messing my ECU coding and messed something up.

The kit worked out great, and i couldn't be happier with it! Thanks Ryan for all the help.

Cody

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Glad you are happy with it!!

Dieselfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, red. 1998 Jetta, black. 2002 Golf, black. 2003 Golf, red. 1999.5 Golf, red. 2005 Golf, red.
Does anyone know if the dogbone mount is the same for both the five and six speed transmissions?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Price shipped to 93427 in the USA

What my price shipped to 93427 in the USA for pd150 tip with r32 air box and snorkel and maf meter? I need a complete bolt in kit? Thanks Ryan!

Frank

EURO TDI PARTS
I am based in the UK and have contacts throughout Europe so I can get hold of the best Euro parts at the best prices!
All prices quoted are in £ / GBP / British Pound and INCLUDE DHL EXPRESS SHIPPING to the USA and Canada. For estimated conversion rates, please check http://www.xe.com/.
Intakes
All of these intakes will bolt up to all 1.9 PD and VE heads with the same gasket as the stock intake.
PD150 Intakes

PD150 Intake manifold (Bare) - £140 Much better than the stock ALH intake and wont kill your engine like the US PD intakes do when they ingest the butterflies.

Complete PD150 Intake with EGR and Elbow Pipe - £175
Can also be supplied with EGR Cooler for £10 Extra
Passat RHS / Driver side PD Intake

Passat RHS PD intakes (Bare) - £140 These are required if you want a clean install for a FMIC to cut down on excessive pipework.
SDI ‘Snail’ Intake
These are the best inlet I’ve come across so far, the runners are over a foot long and it has a large plenum and fits in a very compact space.

With Genuine VW 'RacePipe' (2.5"), Genuine VW EGR Blank and Plugged Breather Hole. READY TO FIT - £175
PD150 TIP Kit’s

They come complete with everything you need to fit them - £120
For an extra £70 when purchased with a TIP Kit I can supply a R32 DSG Snorkel Kit (a small mod to the Air box bottom is needed for the MUCH larger snorkel)

If you want a complete OEM setup the R32 air box kit (including new filter element, the Air box Bottom is NOT available on itself) can be purchased for an extra £100 on top of the snorkle price - The R32 Airbox and Snorkle are £170 combined

This will need to be used with a R32 MAF housing, the PD150 accordion hose will slip over the MAF with a little persuasion to make the largest OEM Intake setup.
I am looking for the largest oem complete I take for my 2001 golf alh. How mych is the tip with snorkel and complete air box and maf meter ready to bolt in? Is it 325? Please list all I need for a complete bolt in new intake filter to turbo. Thanks Ryan!
I can supply a new R32 DSG MAF sensor for £125

If you already purchased a TIP kit shipping will be £50 for the above 2 items together due to the size of the box!
PD150 GT1749VB Turbo Also known as the VNT-17

New - £700 Shipped
Used - £475 Shipped
VNT-17s are shipped with either the Red Outlet Pipe or Modified to fit the ALH / BEW Directly (welded outlet)
cont...

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Can I use my air box and snorkel with the pd150 tip? Or do I need to get a larger maf meter and new air box?

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
You need the Airbox top at least as the MAF hole is larger, I'll PM a price now!

Thanks

Ryan

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Price please for TIP,MAF and lid only to cut the costs. Your whole setup is over 600 dollars.....

bregt14

TDI
Seat Ibiza FR 130
This week they will install my Hybrid Killer GTB1852v and BIG nozzles!! I can`t wait no nail it.. :)

EvilBunny

TDI
85 jetta n/a DEZ(RIP) 03 Golf TDi(RIP), 02 Tdi5spd(RIP), 1984 GLi 20vBT, 85 westy golf(ALH BTswap), 06 M3(RIP), 2013 335is, 2010 690 duke(rip)
hmm, how much for DRW mounts, sinc eit's going in my 1984 GLi with swap, to 96706. can you PM me, we may need to hash out details.

rspring

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta CR; 2011 BMW 335D
I might need a six speed 4motion after all. How much shipped to DFW TX? Need to have the 4cyl bellhousing with it, and prefer tallest gears possible.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
hmm, how much for DRW mounts, sinc eit's going in my 1984 GLi with swap, to 96706. can you PM me, we may need to hash out details.
PM'd a while ago!

I might need a six speed 4motion after all. How much shipped to DFW TX? Need to have the 4cyl bellhousing with it, and prefer tallest gears possible.
I can supply a DRW with 4 motion bellhousing and DIff but it means stripping 2 gearboxes and Ideally we would fit a LSD at the same time.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Still lots of parts in stock, Exchange rate is looking in your favour at the moment!!

Thanks

Ryan

charlie-r

TDI
Caddy w/MTDI
Still got the cam in stock?

I'm only in Doncaster and got a Unit in Barnsely about two minutes away from you guys :)

charlie-r

TDI
Caddy w/MTDI
Sorry just realised all the parts on the first page were updated today, might call through and have a chat sometime soon

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
assuming you mean the 1z/AHU cam? Yeah still got it somewhere! Bell me first to see if i'm in!

Ta

Ryan

NWVintage

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportswagen, 2002 Jetta GLS Wagon 02M
I just wanted to post a little something about how awesome Ryan is. The 01m went out in my wife's '02 Jetta last Monday at 80k! No real warning signs - just crapped out. Took it to my local VW guru for confirmation (I don't have a VAGCOM, as yet) and sure enough...

After thorough research (I was planning on going to a manual eventually but this was sudden and wifey just wants the car back on the road) I came up with Ryan's swap as the easiest and most cost effective method to avoiding being forced into another 01m.

I hadn't anticipated how quickly and effectively he would help me get this ball rolling. From first contact to packed and shipped in under 48 hours! I had a bunch of questions and wanted to make sure that I was making the right decision - I hadn't had the time to properly think through all of my options in this project and it came literally the day after I finished a pretty major overhaul of my 1.6d rabbit. He patiently answered each and every one of them.

I got about half done with the 01m removal today and I'm getting really excited for my shipment this coming week - this ordeal also gave me an excuse to buy a VAG-COM;).

Anyway, thanks Ryan.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
You won't be sorry. Just take your time and read the how to in my sig. PM me if you have questions.

I just wanted to post a little something about how awesome Ryan is. The 01m went out in my wife's '02 Jetta last Monday at 80k! No real warning signs - just crapped out. Took it to my local VW guru for confirmation (I don't have a VAGCOM, as yet) and sure enough...

After thorough research (I was planning on going to a manual eventually but this was sudden and wifey just wants the car back on the road) I came up with Ryan's swap as the easiest and most cost effective method to avoiding being forced into another 01m.

I hadn't anticipated how quickly and effectively he would help me get this ball rolling. From first contact to packed and shipped in under 48 hours! I had a bunch of questions and wanted to make sure that I was making the right decision - I hadn't had the time to properly think through all of my options in this project and it came literally the day after I finished a pretty major overhaul of my 1.6d rabbit. He patiently answered each and every one of them.

I got about half done with the 01m removal today and I'm getting really excited for my shipment this coming week - this ordeal also gave me an excuse to buy a VAG-COM;).

Anyway, thanks Ryan.

rs250gpracer

TDI
2003 mk4 pd 150
I need some used PD race injectors .... those + 80's must be running into their limits with you guys. I'll take some off you please, you need bigger ones ;)

Got a 2260vk to fit on my pd150 but want to do injectors at the same time.

NWVintage

TDI
You won't be sorry. Just take your time and read the how to in my sig. PM me if you have questions.
Thanks - I will. I think it looks totally simple. I already have the old trans out and the wiring done (except the actual connections to the clutch - the appropriate wires are even cut already with butt-connectors attached), so I don't think it'll be too different after this. I'm not really sure why this surprised me, but it's pretty much the same procedure as it was with my MKII GTi that I used to have (changed out the transmission in that 4 different times as my gearing wants/needs changed over time).

It'll be here today! It would have been here yesterday but the DHL driver for my area doesn't have a lift on her truck and I didn't have anyone to help get it off the truck yesterday... For others ordering: remember that all this stuff on a pallet is like 280lb.

JettaTDI

TDI
Just a quick update on my auto-to-manual 6 speed conversion on my 02 Jetta TDI that I got from Ryan: I have about 15,000 miles on it so far, works great. The only problem I had was getting all the air out of the clutch hyd lines. I gravity bleed it a couple times - all good now.
My miles-per tank jumped from 430 to 490. I have no problem maintaining 85-90 MPH @ 2600 RPM in 6th. I did initially have concerns with the stock motor & tall gears - no problem. The car feels stronger with the manual vs the auto. The engine is completly stock with 230,000 miles (i just had the intake cleaned).

2 thumbs up!!

NWVintage

TDI
[FONT=&quot]The overview: Great communication from Ryan, everything I needed was there in the kit, shipping took 24hrs to Seattle.

A couple notes on the how-to and my install experience:

The torque spec in the write-up for the ball-joint-to-control-arm is WRONG! It says 20Nm/15ftlb but that is just the pre-torque value - you must tighten them and additional 90 degrees after the pre-torque. They are also stretch bolts and ought to be replaced. Don't leave them at 20Nm or you will likely end up with serious consequences...

Pay attention to the labeling in the photo of the TCM/ECM location - the OP of the photo labeled them incorrectly and, though they have been corrected, the corrections are hard to see and, if you print the how-to in B&W (as I did), you cannot see the corrections at all. The TCM has one plug and is located towards the PS of the car, the ECM has two plugs (on mine at least) and is located almost dead-center in the rain tray. Bentley lists these relative locations and those with MY2001 and earlier cars will have different locations than MY2002 and later (mine is MY2002).

I had never removed the air plenum before and was not sure how it was done. I also couldn't find it anywhere in the Bentley. I located a how-to that details the whole TCM/ECM removal here http://www.scribd.com/doc/5875768/Volkswagen-GolfJetta-18T-and-VR6-ECU-Removal-How-to. It's actually extremely easy - I just didn't want to break any plastic...

The trans comes from Ryan with the bracket for the transmission mount still attached to the trans (or mine did at least). I found it near impossible to get the trans up into the engine bay with the bracket on, removed it and thus had to replace those [stretch] bolts - something you may want to be ready with. You may be able to wedge it in there with the bracket on, but I couldn't see how...

The trans oil fill/drain plugs (at least in mine) are 14mm hex. That’s an unusual size and I had trouble finding this tool – even Bentley lists the bolts as 17mm. There were none on the shelf at Sears, Napa, O’Reilley, Autozone, Carquest, nor my local privately owned parts store. After being flabbergasted that I couldn’t find this tool I finally though of Harbor Freight (duh!) - they have a set that includes 3/8 drive 4,5,6,7,8,10mm and ½ drive 12,14&17mm http://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece-38-and-12-drive-metric-hex-bit-socket-set-67880-html.html. Plus HF was open at 8pm on a Saturday… They also offer a similar set, which is impact-grade and includes a 14mm http://www.harborfreight.com/8-piece-12-in-drive-metric-impact-hex-driver-set-67895.html.[/FONT]

Last edited:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
It can be a struggle to get the box in with the mount attached but it can be done if the engine is low enough. Those bolts would be fine to re-use.