Indiana People

nissansentra

TDI
2005 Vw jetta pd1.9l
Looking for manual TDI Indianapolis area

Hello Naptown,

I am located in Nora on the northside. Does anyone know of a TDI for sale in this area? I have cash and want to purchase one within the next two weeks. Looking for a manual 99-04, but woud consider a newer one as well. Up to 9,000 is what I have. Preferably lower miles and not 240. Would like to to be roughly 160 or so or lower. Please let me know. I appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Nissan sentra

travism

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon
I have a 2002 jetta tdi wagon 5spd with 177,xxx miles. Just had timing belt done at 170,000 including every single check up at the dealership. I have a folder full of the whole cars life. I will sell it for $9,000 no less.

jtforema

TDI
2006 Jetta TDi 5sp
hey guys!! finally got a tdi and ready to get working on it.. I have my 40,000 mile service coming up I want to do.. also looking for someone with vag-com to clear drl and maybe someone who does some tunning? looking to do exhaust as well.. learning alot about these cars and would love to meet up with a member and talk!! thanks

Onefast66nova

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 golf
Got a buddy with a shop in the Indy area looking at getting into doing exhaust and tunes for the tdi vehicles out there. He wants to know there is a market for it. Anyone out there looking for a tune/exhaust? Thanks in advance. Bill

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 DSG golf- wife stole it
Got a buddy with a shop in the Indy area looking at getting into doing exhaust and tunes for the tdi vehicles out there. He wants to know there is a market for it. Anyone out there looking for a tune/exhaust? Thanks in advance. Bill

does your buddy have an address or number for his shop so i can bring him some business or is he going to remain a secret for a while. I am currently looking to get an exhaust made up.

VW06TDI

TDI
2006 Jetta
Fuse box issue

Passenger side cooling fan is not running so I thought I would take a look at the fuse box. The large 40a fuse listed in spot F30 is melted. Of course the manual does not list what the melted fuse goes to. Also, the manual shows a relay in spot A1 and A2 but I only have A1 is that normal? Any info would be helpful.

hpc

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 NB TDI, 2013 GLK 250 BlueTec
Passenger side cooling fan is not running so I thought I would take a look at the fuse box. The large 40a fuse listed in spot F30 is melted. Of course the manual does not list what the melted fuse goes to. Also, the manual shows a relay in spot A1 and A2 but I only have A1 is that normal? Any info would be helpful.
Same problem with my '02 NB-TDI - except both fans weren't running.
Figured Fan control module - nope! Matt Whitbread was checking things out
and found the underhood fuse panel had some corrosion on the various
pins and the fuse showed signs of bubbling. Disassembled panel;
cleaned and conditioned all of the pins; new fuse; bingo! Back in business!

Check out link (thanks to Matt for the URL):
http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/516/A4_Coolant_Fan_testing_Rev_7.pdf

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
StarTron Diesel Additive

I see that some of you folks have been using the StarTron Diesel Additive. What is the verdict after all these years? I did not think that a marine product would fit the our needs but maybe this is good stuff (vs. the competition). Any down sides besides 'more expensive'?

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I see that some of you folks have been using the StarTron Diesel Additive. What is the verdict after all these years? I did not think that a marine product would fit the our needs but maybe this is good stuff (vs. the competition). Any down sides besides 'more expensive'?
Still getting 54-56 mpg and I use StarTron on a regular basis which is every other tank in summer, every tank in winter. No downsides and the 1 gallon jug refill I bought needs to be replaced now after 3+ years so it has lasted a long time. I bought it along with (3) 16 ounce bottles which makes it easy for me to have a bottle in the trunk and two ready to go/be refilled. Hope this feedback entices you to give StarTron a try...

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Great and thanks for the feedback. Do you think the StarTron gain you one or two MPG on the average?

I might be ready to commit to one gallon purchase but maybe get 32 oz from Amazon or similar. I am debating to use StarTron instead of the more involved Lubro Moly Diesel Purge or even do both. Not sure yet.

Still getting 54-56 mpg and I use StarTron on a regular basis which is every other tank in summer, every tank in winter. No downsides and the 1 gallon jug refill I bought needs to be replaced now after 3+ years so it has lasted a long time. I bought it along with (3) 16 ounce bottles which makes it easy for me to have a bottle in the trunk and two ready to go/be refilled. Hope this feedback entices you to give StarTron a try...

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Great and thanks for the feedback. Do you think the StarTron gain you one or two MPG on the average?
When I first used it my mpg went up by about 5 mpg after using DieselKleen which is mainly because the StarTron cleaned the crud out of my injectors far as I can figure. Since then no increase in mpg per tank but it hasn't gone down either. Been using StarTron exclusively since 2007 and get about 54-56 mpg on a regular basis during summer. In winter it drops a little but still 50+ mpg in general.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
I could check it out this weekend. Send me a PM with your info. My folks are in Lafayette, It'd be a good excuse to head up there for a bit.

WinstonWolf

TDI
GSW 2015, 6SM
Does anyone know if a Dyno in NE Indiana that will allow a TDI to make a few pulls? The only one I found near Fort Wayne flat out says "No Diesels".

jrollings

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 speed
Hey all. I'm a newbie to VW but wouldn't mind helping others out/ vice versa when possible. Im just north of Indianapolis off of 65 in Whitestown.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Anyone in la Porte county area?
I'm east of you in St. Joseph county but work in LaPorte county. A TDI friend is in Rolling Prairie and another one is in the Grovertown area in Starke county. Other than that, not aware of anyone else. Used to have a great TDI guru in Elkhart county but he moved to Chicagoland a number of years ago. Basically it's pretty slim pickings in these parts for TDI enthusiast owners.

If you want to meet other TDI'ers best bet is a GTG in Michigan as they are more close knit/active up there. Next MI GTG should be in fall 2019 as it's an annual event which should be announced in this part of the forum around late August or September going off past practice.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Is anybody in the Evansville Indiana area? Have a freind that at a minimum needs a vag-com scan. MAYBE a Cam inspection on a BRM.

Thanks!

Clint