www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Fuels & Lubricants

Fuels & Lubricants Discussion all about Fuels & Lubricants. synthetic oil, conventional oil, brands, change intervals, diesel grades, gelling and such debated items like that. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed. This forum is NOT for the discussion of biodiesel and other alternative fuels.

Old January 17th, 2018, 08:46   #16
Kevinski4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Rattler View Post
Wrong. if it was topped off on an almost empty tank it might only go about 3 blocks if filled with gas. Remember that fuel is continuously being recirculated back to the tank and mixing with what ever is in the tank.

No, Jetta_Pilot is correct. While fuel IS continuously being circulated, the flow rate is relatively low. My wife made it a little over 20 miles before the E85 she filled the tank with made it to the engine in sufficient quantity to shut it down. Car had a CP3 on it, so no harm - no foul. Pumped it out, put diesel in, drive on.

I am a Malone Tuning dealer in Eastern WI, including Common Rails and DSG, Sprinter, and BMW! Visit our website: www.facebook.com/wisconsindiesel

Forget Clean Air, It's a Power and Money Grab
Kevinski4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2018, 12:44   #17
Mrrogers1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Never high enough but always trying for more.... (See signature)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinski4 View Post
No, Jetta_Pilot is correct. While fuel IS continuously being circulated, the flow rate is relatively low. My wife made it a little over 20 miles before the E85 she filled the tank with made it to the engine in sufficient quantity to shut it down. Car had a CP3 on it, so no harm - no foul. Pumped it out, put diesel in, drive on.
Ouch! Good thing you had that insurance policy in place. I'd say, "I hope you took her keys away" but I've been married for awhile..... I know better than that. Ha ha
Old January 17th, 2018, 14:53   #18
2015vwgolfdiesel
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: City mid 40s ~ Road mid 50s ~ Two (2) 61 MPG fill ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta_pilot View Post
curious as well. The op says he fuelled up. His problem sounds more like he mistakenly filled up with gasoline. That's what it sounds like to me, drove home and next morning the car stopped on him.

^^^^^

2015vwgolfdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote