Higher suspension strut mount?

k_pt

Veteran Member
TDI
VW MKIV TDI
Greetings,

I'm now on Eibach Prokit springs on my Golf IV, very happy with the confort and handling but the front is much lower than the rear, I need to get the front higher, about an inch.

Already replaced the mounts.

I searched and it seems that VW only has 1J0412331C has a strut mount, there is no higher mount for offroad, for example, like BMW do on some series.

Do you guys know any way too rise the car? Is there any strut mount higher than oem?

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
first off ... Eibach Prokit springs are made to lower the car.
You want to raise the car... Go back to stock suspension (OEM springs) and a set of Bilstein TC shocks & struts. Then install a Metalnerd 1' lift kit ( I prefer the 2" kit) .
You'll love the look as well as the ride comfort & handling.
http://www.metalnerd.com/catalog/product/2a490f42b4a34f7eac83b8e4804e9178

k_pt

Veteran Member
TDI
VW MKIV TDI
first off ... Eibach Prokit springs are made to lower the car.
You want to raise the car... Go back to stock suspension (OEM springs) and a set of Bilstein TC shocks & struts. Then install a Metalnerd 1' lift kit ( I prefer the 2" kit) .
You'll love the look as well as the ride comfort & handling.
http://www.metalnerd.com/catalog/product/2a490f42b4a34f7eac83b8e4804e9178
I know Prokits are for lowering, and I want to keep them, just wish it was a little higher at the front. Don't want oem height either.

Not going to waste 300/400$ just because I want to raise the car a little bit at the front.

Since, for example, BMW has strut mounts that are higher than normal for offroad conditions, I thought VW had them too.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

k_pt

Veteran Member
TDI
VW MKIV TDI
Anything unsafe on doing this? Why? I know that powerflex has a -10mm mounts to lower the car that uses the same method as this.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
There are lots of ways available to gain an inch or so, I suggest you look at the "Beef on a Budget" thread here for some ideas as some members here got very creative and did not spend a lot of money either.