Quantity adjuster removal problem

jdbrinkman

TDI
2000 TDI Jetta, 2010 jetta tdi
Need advice to get the quantity adjuster arm to pop free from the shaft it sits on, what's best way to get the arm popped up. It does sweep fine... someone said just put a 10mm wrench on and pry it , feels like alot of force will break the arm...picture shows what I'm trying to get loose. Everything else is loose and ready to be pulled off... any advice? Thanks

[/url][/IMG]

jdbrinkman

TDI

Sorry this pic is bigger on the posting... any help on how to get arm to pop up without breaking it??

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
I don't have your answer. But I have to ask, since the QA looks very nice and you say it does the sweep correctly, then why do you want to pop it off?

PH

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
You're going to mark its position before removal I hope.

I don't think has splines. There's a procedure for calibrating it I seem to recall reading here.

jdbrinkman

TDI
I got a p1562 code, car died wouldn't restart. Took top cover off pump and arm only swept half way before binding .. i wiggled arm by hand and there was one spot where there was alittle tension.. so I was going to take apart to clean out whatever is in there. ..still no luck getting it loose. Car has 213k on it but pump was replaced at 133k with a reman from boraparts.com. There's a youtube video and the guy must've had his apart before , he got that arm loose easily . Watch at 11:30 ...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nd50iJIlvkI
Anyone have this issue with arm being stuck?? I need my car back !

jdbrinkman

TDI
I got a p1562 code, car died wouldn't restart. Took top cover off pump and arm only swept half way before binding .. i wiggled arm by hand and there was one spot where there was alittle tension.. so I was going to take apart to clean out whatever is in there. ..still no luck getting it loose. Car has 213k on it but pump was replaced at 133k with a reman from boraparts.com. There's a youtube video and the guy must've had his apart before , he got that arm loose easily . Watch at 11:30 ...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nd50iJIlvkI
Anyone have this issue with arm being stuck?? I need my car back !

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
I had a similar issue and there was metal shavings keeping the arm from sweeping, it was on the bottom of the QA, cleaned them off and the car made it home (50 miles or so) and then I swapped pumps since I have no idea where the metal came from. I just hope none went down in the nozzles

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jdbrinkman

TDI
Arm still stuck onto shaft.. can't seem to pry it up... anyone have a used pump for sale 10mm ?

burn_your_money

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle, 96 B4V, 05 Passat wagon
Have you removed the QA from the collar on the rotor to confirm that the issue isn't on the collar?

jdbrinkman

TDI
How can I do that , just remove the lower qa housing bolts on the pump? And top section comes off ?

burn_your_money

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle, 96 B4V, 05 Passat wagon
How can I do that , just remove the lower qa housing bolts on the pump? And top section comes off ?
Correct. Use a screwdriver to move the collar back and forth within the normal range of motion. Do not touch the rotor with the screwdriver, only use the hole in the collar that the qa sits in.

jdbrinkman

TDI
Got my jetta running again today.. I took the quantity adjuster off the pump and worked on it on the bench. Put vise grip on shaft below the housing and turned the 10mm arm to break the taper. .. got the housing cleaned up ,make sure the shaft that turns has clearance around the iron core ...soldered the wires back to board in the vise.. primed the pump with mityvac, cracked injector nuts 1 at a time then crank engine , tighten nut and do the rest. Still wouldn't start.
Looseneed the 4 bolts that hold housing and tap over and it fires right up no codes. Adjusted rest of way with vagcom.

mr.loops

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta, 2003 Bora 1.8T
Got my jetta running again today.. I took the quantity adjuster off the pump and worked on it on the bench. Put vise grip on shaft below the housing and turned the 10mm arm to break the taper. .. got the housing cleaned up ,make sure the shaft that turns has clearance around the iron core ...soldered the wires back to board in the vise.. primed the pump with mityvac, cracked injector nuts 1 at a time then crank engine , tighten nut and do the rest. Still wouldn't start.

Looseneed the 4 bolts that hold housing and tap over and it fires right up no codes. Adjusted rest of way with vagcom.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk