MK4 Center Console

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Tiguan TDI 4Motion, Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD
Can I use any MK4 VW center console in a MK4 Jetta?

I think there were a lot of cars sold worldwide based on the MK4, so I can't speak to them. However, of you limit it to the US, then you are talking Jetta, Golf and Beetle. The Beetle console is different, so basically the Golf or Jetta. All Jetta/Golf consoles are interchangeable, but the ancillary pieces are different. The cupholder consoles use an offset handbrake lever, you can modify the earlier handles to fit if necessary. The rear hardware is different to the cupholder and earlier consoles. So really you need all the bits for the relevant consoles, but if you have that then they will all interchange. I think the armrest are pretty much the same, but I don't recall on that. I know there were some aftermarket armrest that used a different bracket to the factory setup. The armrest always got in my way, so I deleted it when I could.

JettaTDIBlack

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI Automatic Sedan
That's too bad since the Passat give you more storage and the Beetle more 12v outlets.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

JettaTDIBlack

Veteran Member
TDI
I found one of these yesterday. But, ruined it because I didn't know how to get to the two torx screws under the back cup holder. :(

Last edited:

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Remember that if you use the later style center trim with cupholders, you may have to mod the location of the e-brake handle. There's a how-to here on Fred's.

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
Remember that if you use the later style center trim with cupholders, you may have to mod the location of the e-brake handle. There's a how-to here on Fred's.
Or if you’re grabbing a center console from a pick and pull yard, just get the ebrake handle too. Hopefully it will be “leather” covered so it will be a nice upgrade as well.

When removing the rear screws, pry the sliding mechanism up from the front to the back of the car, not the back to the front.

JettaTDIBlack

Veteran Member
TDI
Or if you’re grabbing a center console from a pick and pull yard, just get the ebrake handle too. Hopefully it will be “leather” covered so it will be a nice upgrade as well.

When removing the rear screws, pry the sliding mechanism up from the front to the back of the car, not the back to the front.
I grabbed the leather ebrake. Found another car with the cupholder console, but it was already broken. :(

180AUQ

TDI
mk 7 1.6 tdi
hi is there a lhd/rhd handbrake console without cup holder diffrence or are these both the same on lhd and rhd?