V-Band size turbo downpipe?

nwscoobie

TDI
MK6
I have a 2011 and I am thinking of making my own downpipe just because I am not all that impressed with the aftermarket options and quality for the price they are wanting.
Does anyone know the size of the v-band off the turbo? Making sure I buy the right stuff before I start tearing it apart.

2011 Golf if that matters

Thanks!

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
It's metric obviously. The outside diameter of the turbo flange is 78 mm. The inside is 55 mm. Looks like a 2.5" 78mm dia v band flange would work.

Last edited:

nwscoobie

TDI
MK6
It's metric obviously. Darkside Developments sells the flange if that's what you need. I just reused the clamp itself on mine. The outside diameter of the turbo flange is 78 mm. The inside is 55 mm. Looks like a 2.5" v band flange might work.

Thank you for the info, I am trying to gather as much info as possible before I start hacking up my dpf. I will probably just reuse what I have to save on cost.

I thought I seen somewhere that the current Malone tunes now only requires one bung in the down-pipe, is that correct? I really do not want to weld any more than I have to.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
You could probably sell the unhacked dpf for a couple hundred bucks if it's still good. The weld on flange is $20-30 plus maybe another 20 for the O2 sensor bung- which yes, should be the only bung needed.

nwscoobie

TDI
MK6
You could probably sell the unhacked dpf for a couple hundred bucks if it's still good. The weld on flange is $20-30 plus maybe another 20 for the O2 sensor bung- which yes, should be the only bung needed.
My DPF has a good amount of miles on it but still works, not sure how much life is left in it, car has 121k miles.
Does anyone know if this DP is compatible with the 2.0? The curves look very similar to the buzzken delete
Even with shipping its still cheaper then buying a new buzzken and the quality look much better
https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/dpf-delete-downpipe-for-1-6-tdi-cr-engine-vw-golf-mk6-jetta-a3-caddy.html