approval on the fix??

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Has anybody got an approval on the fix yet? submitted my docs a while back and all I have received is "under review" so far.. just curious.. Thanx

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Has anybody got an approval on the fix yet? submitted my docs a while back and all I have received is "under review" so far.. just curious.. Thanx
Are you interested in the fix or the buyback. Buybacks will begin soon. As for the fixes, they have not yet even been proposed, let alone approved. IIRC, they have until some time in January to come up with fixes. The fix for the gen 1 cars was supposed to be proposed by 11/11/16 but we have heard nothing so far. When it will be proposed, we do not know. All we know about when it will be approved is that approval can not occur before the fix is proposed. Don't hold your breath.

Have Fun!

Don

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Are you interested in the fix or the buyback. Buybacks will begin soon. As for the fixes, they have not yet even been proposed, let alone approved. IIRC, they have until some time in January to come up with fixes. The fix for the gen 1 cars was supposed to be proposed by 11/11/16 but we have heard nothing so far. When it will be proposed, we do not know. All we know about when it will be approved is that approval can not occur before the fix is proposed. Don't hold your breath.

Have Fun!

Don
Thanx.. but I mean approval of my car for the "fix" (not doing the buyback).. just like the people that have received the approval for buybacks after they submitted their docs.. better yet,will I get the official notice that my car is approved for the fix? As of now they are just reviewing my docs..(per email from them)this is the email "Thank you for submitting your documents in the Online Claims Portal. Next, we will begin reviewing your documents to ensure that you have provided all of the necessary documents and information to determine your eligibility. We will contact you regarding next steps. "

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
"Thank you for submitting your documents in the Online Claims Portal. Next, we will begin reviewing your documents to ensure that you have provided all of the necessary documents and information to determine your eligibility. We will contact you regarding next steps. "
Assuming that your documents are approved, your "next steps" will not occur until after the "fix" is approved (some time next year). If you hear from them before then, there was probably some stupid problem with your submitted documents.

Have Fun!

Don

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
per the draft agreement from June, approved last month, VW has to submit a final gen 1 fix to the court (and EPA/CARB), with an anticipated date of 11/11, and a no-later-than-date of January 27. no reason they have to tell everyone that they do so. they may have done so already.

there is an update on the court schedule for November 30, we may learn something then.

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
makes me wonder how accurate this is:

willie
on the 'waiting for the ka-ching!' Gulf of Mexico

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
In any event, you will not receive any money from VW until the fix is completed by them. Some people are under the impression that they will be sent a check immediately, and then schedule a fix later when it becomes available. Not so.

tobianogreg

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta returned
<snip> no reason they have to tell everyone that they do so. they may have done so already.

there is an update on the court schedule for November 30, we may learn something then.
Other than a gen 1 fix proposal would be great news for VW? I think we're going to hear about it... if and when. (OP has a gen 1.)

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanx guys.. feel like this is going in circles!...I understand all the details on "when" the fix "might" happen and details of the how we will get paid. I guess I'm just awaiting for the "approval " of my docs to get the fix (whenever that happens) and has anyone actually received the "approval" email on their documents submitted for the fix yet..... thanx..

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
Thanx guys.. feel like this is going in circles!...I understand all the details on "when" the fix "might" happen and details of the how we will get paid. I guess I'm just awaiting for the "approval " of my docs to get the fix (whenever that happens) and has anyone actually received the "approval" email on their documents submitted for the fix yet..... thanx..

mine are in the received but under review stage.

I got an e-mail on 10/27

Armby

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf
makes me wonder how accurate this is:

Does anyone know what happend with the initial phase for the Gen 3. I seem to recall that VW submitted a fix plan to the EPA in August time frame. I thought EPA had 45 days to approve/reject. Anyone hear what happened?

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
just checked the web site,

" Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days."

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
check the last column VW final submittal date. I seem to recall that it was submitted to EPA/CARB on time. So you should hear something around 1st of December regarding whether or not the fix was approved by CARB/EPA

LogicBomb

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat
I opted for the fix on the claims site. My documents were submitted on 10/25, and "approved" on 11/09 @ 11:59PM I got the email confirming as much. Both of my documents show green check marks with "Document Complete" on the claims site.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
I opted for the fix on the claims site. My documents were submitted on 10/25, and "approved" on 11/09 @ 11:59PM I got the email confirming as much. Both of my documents show green check marks with "Document Complete" on the claims site.
Since you opted for the fix, you are unlikely to hear anything further until a fix becomes available.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
AHH! YES!:D.. this is what I was looking for...so hopefully I will receive the same email eventually.. appreciate it!;)

LogicBomb

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat
Since you opted for the fix, you are unlikely to hear anything further until a fix becomes available.

This isn't entirely true. I spoke with a claims rep a few days back, asking how to "change" my option from fix to buyback, because I do wish to do the buyback now. She said I would be emailed my offer and the claims manager would be able to change the offer from fix to buyback. VW still has a 10 day window in which they must abide by for each step. So I should hear something before the of the day on 11/19.

TDIsoup

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
This isn't entirely true. I spoke with a claims rep a few days back, asking how to "change" my option from fix to buyback, because I do wish to do the buyback now. She said I would be emailed my offer and the claims manager would be able to change the offer from fix to buyback. VW still has a 10 day window in which they must abide by for each step. So I should hear something before the of the day on 11/19.
If you receive an offer on November 19th, I'll video myself eating a leather shoe. I do sincerely hope that you do receive it by then though.:D

LogicBomb

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat
If you receive an offer on November 19th, I'll video myself eating a leather shoe. I do sincerely hope that you do receive it by then though.:D
Oh, I'm not nearly as naive as some, I fully expect VW will not meet the deadline, even though it's apart of the decree.

However, if I do receive it, I fully expect you to "chow some leather". :p

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
I, too, also opted for the fix and got the confirming email yesterday.
this one?

"We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number 160XXXXXX. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program."

or approval on eligibility?

willie
on the cooling Gulf of Mexico

AmandaSch

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
this one?

"We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number 160XXXXXX. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program."

or approval on eligibility?

willie
on the cooling Gulf of Mexico
Correct. Now hopefully we get a fix for our vehicles.