• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

WANTED: '01 Golf GLS TDI, blue/black....

blue909

Veteran Member
WANTED: \'01 Golf GLS TDI, blue/black....

If anyone sees or hears of a car like this for sale, please email me at: blue909@lycos.com ...I'm willing to travel to buy it and drive it back home. Thanks. -blue909

WANTED:

2001 Golf GLS TDI
Inidgo Blue exterior/black interior
Automatic transmission
Luxury package
Cold weather package
Monsoon audio
Head air bags

alternate exterior color: green metallic.

Thanks.

blue909@lycos.com

blue909

Veteran Member
Re: WANTED: \'01 Golf GLS TDI, blue/black....

Still looking. One fellow Fred's member put me in touch with a good dealer in AZ, but the only car they have has a grey interior. Two CA dealers are willing to sell me what I want for $500/$750 above invoice -WHEN- and -IF- they ever get it from VW. I absolutely mean it when I say that I would write them a check this afternoon for the car if it were on their lots.

Like SteveS said, both CA AND AZ dealers don't think they'll be getting any number of new TDIs until March at the earliest, this despite VW's January lift of the CA TDI ban. I'm going to the LA auto show next week with a friend (if anyone wants to join us, just drop me an email... we're planning on Tues afternoon for our first visit... will meet in Hollywood and drive or subway to downtown for the show) and you can be sure that I'm gonna ask the VW guys there some hard questions about supply, TDIs, etc...

It really irks me that TDIs supplies are so perpetually tight that it's often very difficult to get the car you want, even with checkbook in hand. Plus, such tight supplies doesn't do anything to help the consumer from a negotiating standpoint... I've seen new TDIs on dealer lots in CA for as much as $3-$5K above MSRP (before the ban in '99). One dealer I spoke with recently in SoCal just told me that they're not even taking deposits on soon-to-be-arriving TDIs... the first ones they get are going onto the showroom floor with a $5K markup. Tho' it's their right to do so, you can be sure that a dealership that opportunistic is never going to get my business.

blue909

I WANT MY TDI!

Vroom

Veteran Member
TDI
mrrobmora

I'll bet it isn't possible, but I wonder what it would take for an american to buy a new VW in Canada... I doubt it's possible (for new model, anyway) but that might be a good idea (although it's a bit far from California).

I bought my Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI (only option was A/C) in Chatham, Ontario last month and only paid $24800 CDN. That includes everything - even the 15% tax! With the exchange rates the way they are, that's about $16500 US... less than MSRP of a the same car in the US (and not including taxes, delivery, and all that other crap). I assume there might be a duty charge, but I think there might be a refund available for our GST tax (7 of our 15% tax).

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)

Vroom,

It is possible, but since VWoA refuses to provide documentation that is required (the 'letter' indicating EPA and DOT reg. compliance) you have to go through a registered importer who will convert it and provide docs. I haven't checked with one, and while it would really be a minimal conversion, they will charge plenty, I am sure.

There is a DOT page on the government site that can tell all the ins and outs and has a list of importers. Do a greneral search from your browser on US Customs and you should find something that will get you started.

------------------
"I love the smell of [burning diesel] in the morning. It smells like ... victory!"

blue909

Veteran Member

Yes I was in Toronto recently and the exchange rate (and lower final tax on large ticket items) is very attractive. However, the Canadian cars don't have the DOT 50-states sticker/US EPA certification that I'm aware of, thus an authorized importer would be required. I don't know how much they'd charge or how complex that particular process is, but I tend to assume the worst about that sort of thing.

If I can't find a TDI close to what I'm looking for (I'm flexible on the color) in the coming months at a fair price, I may have to seriously consider getting a different car altogether... both of my current cars are fairly well-along in years and I don't want to keep putting money into them for periodic misc. repairs.

Hopefully, I'll manage to locate what I want in the not-too-distant future.

blue909

D.Johnson

TDI
99 1/2 Golf

Checkered Flag VW on Va. Beach Blvd. in Va. Beach, VA has a indigo blue Golf TDI, but it is only a GL. Black interior. Automatic tranny. 01 model, though.

blue909

Veteran Member

Thanks for the heads-up D. Johnson, that's close (the car, not the state). 'Fraid I'm looking for a fully-loaded GLS (tho' I'm sure that GL looks better... the 2 door Golf body is sleeker IMHO) and don't want to compromise on more than color if I'm gonna spend the cash on a new car. If it were exactly what I'm looking for at a fair price, I would ABSOLUTELY be flying out to VA in the next few days to pick it up and drive it back. It would be a pleasant 3Kmiles, no doubt.

blue909

brads

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6sp W/Euro GTD-LED tails Neuspeed flash + VCDS Mods

hey folks... Does anyone know if i fly to germany tommorow and buy and Bora TDI, Is it street ready and Legal for use in CA??, and Can i get a TDI in 4 motion trim in Germany?

blue909

Veteran Member

brads:

It is technically possible but ecomonically prohibitive to legally import a European-market vehicle into the U.S. If the car were a $300,000.00 rare exotic, then the considerable costs involved might be justified, but not for any normal car, let alone one in the $20-30K range.

Besides, the high-performance TDIs available to European customers won't run on the dirty (high-sulphur) fuels available in the states.

If you want more specific info on this, simply do a forum search using the appropriate keywords.

Good luck.

blue909

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)

Oh, they'll run on our fuels, just not as optimally as you might like. Remember that the 90hp TDI was designed for 49 cetane fuel, and there just aren't that many of us that can buy that at the pump over here.

------------------
"I love the smell of [burning diesel] in the morning. It smells like ... victory!"

blue909

Veteran Member

By high-performance, I meant the 150hp TDI, which would be the best way to enjoy 4Motion, I imagine. From what I've read around here, it the sulphur levels in U.S. diesel (about 500PPM vs. 50PPM in Europe) that is the problem... something about the sulphur would wreak havoc in the 150, or so I've heard in these forums.

Moot really, given the fact that it's not cost effective to bring a European TDI into the States anyway.

Like everyone here, I'd love to be able to buy and drive a 150/4Motion/6Speed TDI, and would be willing to pay the premium too.... anyone know what it costs in US dollars? I'd imagine that if VW positioned it properly, they could charge US$30-35K for the car here... you know that it would be exclusive (considering how hard it is to get a plain 90hp TDI here).

blue909

TDI search update: been playing email tag w/the fella I was told to get in touch with by the VW ladies at the auto show. If he turns out to be helpful/a good guy I'll pass along the info for anyone else who's searching like me.

TDI search update 2: well, the VW guy that the show ladies suggested never got back to me. As a result of some other calls I'd made to VWoA, another LA dealer (whom I hadn't spoken with before) called me... I'm going to see him Tuesday (tomorrow). Of course he has no TDIs, but given the size of the dealership it may make sense for me to place an order with him (assuming we can agree on a fair price, which I think we can) in addition to the deposit I put down at SJCVW a few months ago. The local dealer, being larger, may get a bigger allocation than SJC... in any case, the deposits are refundable... all you lose is the interest. I just fixed my Audi again today (a coolant hose flange was leaking... another $100. including labor)... wish I had that new TDI right NOW!

TDI search update 3: well, I went to one of the biggest VW dealers in LA today and spoke with the sales manager who seemed like a decent guy... no pressure, reasonably informed -and- willing to sell me a 2001 TDI at $500. above invoice if/when a car to my liking arrives. This price is equal to one that I was offered in Pasadena, but that's a much smaller dealership and thus, probably gets an even smaller allotment of TDIs. March is the earliest expectation. So, I put down a refundable deposit, and will get an order conf# tomorrow I expect. While there, I tested a 1.8T GTI which is going to make a nice backup choice (in Rave Green, w/black leather and 17" alloys n/a on humble TDIs) if I'm still waiting 4 or 5 months from now. Of course, if anyone out there finds a car like I'm looking for out there, please let me know... thanks!

[This message has been edited by blue909 (edited January 16, 2001).]

blue909

Veteran Member

Well, I just got a call from the dealer I visited yesterday... Mark White at Van Nuys VW... he faxed over my order form showing the car that I've reserved (for lack of a better word) including the order #, options, etc... Based on what VWoA told him, he thinks that there's a good chance that I'll actually have the car within 3 months.

If you're looking for a VW TDI in CA this year, I STRONGLY recommend that you place an order soon as I understand that VW has already decided on a cutoff point beyond which no more TDIs will be sold here (and maybe NY too) in 2001.

If you want Mark's contact info (he was a pleasure to do business with AND we negotiated a good deal) or if you'd like a few more details on what I've heard about the coming '01 CA TDI ban, goto this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/NonCGI/Forum3/HTML/004354.html ...I posted it there so that other CA folks would have a better chance of learning about the TDI cutoff before it's too late to place an order (of the CA TDIs not already spoken for, I had to take my 3rd color choice in order to get a fully optioned Golf GSL auto w/black interior).

On the off-chance someone actually finds a car like the one I've described above in blue, I'd still appreciate the info. Thanks very much to all for their advice, emails, etc...

blue909

PS: I look forward to posting when my new TDI is actually mine!

Dillard Diesel

Hey Blue: This may be too little too late but see my post on TDI Inventory for a Golf GLS that's pretty close what you want. http://forums.tdiclub.com/NonCGI/Forum13/HTML/000189.html
If you flew into Chattanooga,TN I'd be willing to pick you up and drive you down to the dealer if you'd like. If you wanted to fly into Atlanta instead, it's about an hour and a half drive from the Atlanta Intl. Airport but there are pretty cheap shuttles up to Chattanooga. Let me know.

blue909

Veteran Member

Thanks D! I gotta have a black interior due to my dog, but I appreciate your kind offer anyway.

blue909

blue909

Veteran Member

Thanks for the heads-up TDi Guys...

Despite my order confirmation and refundable deposit on a fully-loaded '01 GLS expected here in LA in March-April, I think that I may actually be a TDI owner by this time next week... I've arranged to purchase a one-year-old TDI from another Forum member and will be flying out to buy it and drive it back next Wednesday.

When I have this car, I will post a note here to this thread so that folks don't think I'm still shopping. Thanks to everyone for their continued leads....

blue909 (TDI only a week away!)

Later: car purchased... see http://forums.tdiclub.com/NonCGI/Forum3/HTML/004490.html for brief travelogue.

[This message has been edited by blue909 (edited February 03, 2001).]

TDi Guys

Veteran Member

Regarding the search for a new tdi in CA.... I talked to a good friend of mine at my local dealer, who also runs their website, about the tdi question. Check out their site - they have a "special" posted about tdi's http://wester.vwdealer.com/
Anyway, he told me they have not been allocated any specific cars at all yet. He doesn't know how many they will get, but he heard from vw it will only be about 1500 for the whole state. He is taking "orders" for the cars - absolutely none will be put on the lot unless someone backs out at the last minute on their car. Just as in 1998 your best chances of getting one is to be as non-specific about options as possible, since they don't know what they are going to get until a vin is assigned. He DOES know they are scheduled for feb build, which means they will arrive here around april/may.
ALSO, this is the only dealer I have found around here that has a strict policy of never charging over msrp for anything. This is where I got lucky with my 98 nb when everyone else was charging thousands over.