Anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area?

caideN

TDI
02 Jetta Wagon TDI
I am considering doing nozzles and a tune on my stock 02 TDI wagon.

I am looking for over 120whp and over 200tq without losing fuel efficiency. I know it's never logical to mod a 16 year old car but there's just something about the torque of the diesel that I love and the fact that that manual is so easy to drive in stop and go traffic. I am hoping to keep it for a while.

I was wondering if anyone here lives in the SF bay area and can give me a ride in their modded ALH TDI. I just want to see if I can justify the $$$... :)

Any other encouragement is welcomed

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
I think Matt Phalen is from that area. He's on the VW TDI Owners group on Facebook. I'm sure he could help you.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I think Matt Phalen is from that area. He's on the VW TDI Owners group on Facebook. I'm sure he could help you.
I'm also on here!

Dennis, you could drive my wagon even. It's stock injectors but a bigger injection pump (so, it is more fuel, just not quite as much fuel as bigger injectors gets you) and a tune as well.

Won't be quite as quick as bigger nozzles with a tune, but should still give you a feel for the improvement you'd be in for. Though at the moment, the turbo is a bit on the laggy side. Was that way before I tuned it too. Doesn't overboost or limp mode or anything, just is a bit sluggish down low from what they normally are. Need to find the time away from fixing everyone else's TDIs around here and tweak it. Overdue for an oil change too.

What's that about the cobbler's kids going with no shoes again?

caideN

TDI
02 Jetta Wagon TDI
Haha Matt, I didn't even know you still had a TDI VW. Imma have to take up your offer.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Haha Matt, I didn't even know you still had a TDI VW. Imma have to take up your offer.
I don't think I've been without a TDI since 2004! lol

I'm actually afraid to admit how many are in my possession at this very moment...