Sachs DMF Clutch Kit for CR170 fit?

SANman

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
115k miles on my 2010 JSW TDi 6M and I'm pretty sure either the DMF and / or Clutch has checked out. The wife has driven this car since new, and she's an "okay" shifter but have caught her many times letting out clutch at 2k RPM from a stop. At idle there is a dull knock sound around the tranny. Push the clutch in and the knock goes away. And, after idling or a short drive I have a burning smell. So it's parked until I put the parts together to have a VW mechanic address.

I've decided I will put a DMF back in, as I just don't want to deal with the possible syncro problems of an SMF. The car is not tuned, although if DPF and EGR's start causing problems someday I'll do what I did to my Powerstroke, and get rid of that b.s. But the next clutch needs to last as the Jetta is her only vehicle when I am out of town. I am going to buy one of the Sachs kits with DMF from Darkside.

Would I be better off getting the kit for the CR170 motor, or would it even fit? I'm assuming it would be a heavier unit. Any feedback on my assumptions would be appreciated.
http://www.darksidedevelopments.co....flywheel-and-clutch-kit-for-ppd170-cr170.html

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI :D
Yes; 02Q will fit to my knowledge.

Don't forget the fluidampr and transmission cocktail with shockproof fluid to keep your synchro alive.

SANman

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Yes; 02Q will fit to my knowledge.

Don't forget the fluidampr and transmission cocktail with shockproof fluid to keep your synchro alive.
Thanks for the reminder on that. Do recall reading that in a few forums. Any recommendation on where to get fluidampr or recommended brand?

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI :D
Thanks for the reminder on that. Do recall reading that in a few forums. Any recommendation on where to get fluidampr or recommended brand?
Ina sells them: sales@inaengineering.com there is also a belt protector kit if you want extra assurance that if your accessory belt breaks potentially could save your timing belt. Big if but it isn't too much for the cover made by 2micron, sweet engine bling yo.

SANman

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the Clutch / Flywheel kit for the CR170? Do you think it is a stronger DMF and Clutch given the extra power output? I've got the stock US motor and just looking for that little more than stock without going to an SMF or big aftermarket name like South Bend.