Stuck 700 miles from home with a blow kkk turbo.. HELP..

shwagondawheels

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDI 420K and truckin
I need a borg warner kkk turbo for my 98 TDi jetta asap in Worcester Massachusetts to get back home to Richmond Virginia.. anyone close have one for sale?
It's passing oil at a ridiculous rate and I'm the diesel on the road that nobody want's to be behind but runs fine besides the burnt oil smell and the smoke behind from the exhaust..
the charge pipe and intecooler are covered in will wet oil and i also ran it open compressor side with no charge pipe and reved it a couple of times to see no more exhaust smoke and plenty oil splatter and smoke spraying out the compressor outlet all in the air and over the, engine bay, firewall and snow covered driveway..
love my life.........
Jared 804-317-3786

Last edited:

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
How far are you from ID Parts:

IDParts
90 Corporate Park Dr. Suite 1460
Pembroke MA 02359
Phone: 888.444.7951

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
And post in the east coast section.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Mike McCann is a good idea, and Keith Harley is in Lowell. KMH Motors. I don't want to put his phone number here but PM me and I'll send it to you if you want it. Also Chris Hill (mrchill here) is in Braintree MA and may be able to help you out. Either Mike or Keith may have a used KKK around if that's what you're hoping for. We have new ones if not.

Dodoma

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta White
This is a real nightmare. Where are you staying, a motel?

shwagondawheels

Veteran Member
TDI
luckly im at a friends house with the car parked behind his house in the driveway.. i just need a working kkk to get home.. new or used

shwagondawheels

Veteran Member
TDI
Got a new one from id parts.. Thanks a bunch guys.. egr gaskets, turbo gaskets, two bolts and intake manifold gasket.. getting intake manifold cleaned up and put back together tomorrow...

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Thanks for coming down. 380K out of the OE turbo isn't bad, but that puppy looked tired. Hope it all goes back together without problems.

shwagondawheels

Veteran Member
TDI
Install went very well and I got a 20mile test drive in and it runs nice with no cloud of smoke behind me, making me feel a whole lot better about it not running away on the way home.. My dog and I wouldn't have liked sitting on the side the interstate much..

a good clean intake manifold was worth the while too,..

Thanks a bunch ID parts!

shwagondawheels

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah... New oil and filter too. Just cleared the codes I had from running it with the IC pipes off and looks good with VAG and the boost gauge, same numbers.. Just like she was with way less oil being burnt,