Need help with a DPF issue

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
At only 260km why do you think it got stuck in the first place? From the other thread, did you attempt to drive at 100km for a while to see if the regen would happen?

It's interesting though that it was still showing 10.5g actual still after they forced the regen (guess they did it while parked?). Next time you get a regen, don't stop till you are at your destination and complete it. Then check if the accumulation # is lower than the 10.5.

What's a forced regen cost ya ?

Last edited:

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
When i had the errors, i didn't go a long drive. There was no accelration, so I was worried about making something worse. That was on the Saturday. On the Sunday, things seemed fine. Monday, it's Christmas time.

I couldn't do a forced regen, the 'GO' option was greyed out, which why i went to the dealer.

Now this morning, I got the DPF symbol, so i check block 104, which gives me this:

So when i'm done work, i'll check block 104 again, but I'll also find a nice hill and hammer it.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
I'm more accustomed to the 2.0 when it comes to DPF (and the ability to read it on the fly with the POLAR FIS).

I don't believe an Italian tune up does enough to increase DPF temperatures to reduce particulate filter mass. You need the regen to accomplish that.