Golf PD130

JohnD

This is my first ever VW which of course is a standard Golf GT TDI PD130. Options include light grey leather interior, climate control, ESP, mud flaps, electric sunroof and reversing sensors. Car was new at September 2002, so I am currently running in but enjoying its qualities – especially the torque and fuel consumption.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Cheers, John. The car looks wonderful and most of us are envious of the pure power your TDI motor offers. Enjoy!

AutobahnTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
no more TDI :(
Looks nice. We can still only dream about TDI's with more than 90 horsepower over here. Maybe someday...

[ September 22, 2002, 22:27: Message edited by: robgti ]

JohnD

RedBora,

For your info I had to wait 10 weeks for the German factory to produce the car – although it did seem more like 100 weeks. Reflex Silver is certainly a highly popular Golf colour in England, but I guess the most common is black. Regarding fuel consumption I have written about this elsewhere on the forum, however my best to date (within 900 miles) has been 60mpg (imperial), with a few trips giving 57 & 56mpg – all according to the onboard computer. Such journeys have been about 50 miles each on the motorway/freeway – cruising most of the time at 70mph with a few extra bursts. I ask you what other car in the world can provide a combination of a good top speed, lots of torque, and great fuel consumption. Answer not many.

Regards
John D

RedBora

TDI
VW Passat Highline 2.0Tdi 163Hp
John D,

very nice consumption. My average (+/- 950km) is 5.7l/100km with my 225/45/17 and 5.2 with my 195/65/15 winter tyres.
Since the engine has been chipped it is 5.2l with the large tyres. I am curious to know its consumption during winter time.
I think, not bad at all with all that torque.

[ September 24, 2002, 10:32: Message edited by: RedBora ]