312mm x 25mm Brake Discs $49.00 ea.

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
I was pricing out TT brake discs to do the big brake conversion on my wifes New Beetle and found that IMPEX has the 312X25mm Discs - Special Anniversary Edition, (have no idea what that means) List Price: $198.89 :: Impex Price: $49.00 ea. :cool:

I ordered a pair and received them today and they are, in fact, Zimmerman 312x25mm discs that look exactly like the ones I bought a few months back when I did the conversion on my wagon.

Only difference being that I paid $75.00 ea. when I bought the wagon ones. :(

The IMPEX SKU # 228099.

As a comparison ECSTuning now has the 312x25mm rotors at $119.00 a pair. ($59.97 ea.)

jnecr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d
Thanks for the headsup, I needed some new rotors, I don't like these cross-drilled ones that I have...

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
Mine are still cherry but having a spare set would not suck. Now I just need a set of extra nasty pads to go with!

jnecr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d
I like my Axxis ULT brake pads, but they are pretty dusty and I don't have any experience with other pads...

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
The Pagid pads Performance Cafe couples with the $199 all-around pacakge (I heard it can be tailoired to the TDI brakes for the same price)-- grabbier than stock, dustier than stock

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
I bought Hawk HPD pads for the 337 brakes Im putting on next week. I'll let you know how those pads are. The brakes I got only had 19k miles on them so no need to get new rotors. Can't wait to get these things on.

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
jettafock said:
337 brakes Im putting on next week.
Just make sure the "new" hubs aren't bent before you start taking things apart. (Don't ask me how I know.... :()

There is an easy way to tell but if you don't check them and find them bent after you have them on it really isn't any fun having to do the job over when you can't get the frt end aligned. :mad: